Thread: Open carry with an IWB holster?

Open carry with an IWB holster?

Can one legally open carry with an IWB holster, or is this getting dangerously close to the line that it's just not worth the risk?

IANAL

As long as your shirt is tucked in I don't see a problem. A contrasting shirt wouldn't hurt. I've heard about a 3 side rule, but I think it is just bullsh!t anyways.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Each state has different laws but where I live it is referred to as the "Virginia tuck" and is leagal.

Like Sabotage said, if its visible its not concealed. The 3 side rule is a California thing anyway.

Thats how i do it sometimes.

Been in an encounter with LEO while carrying in an IWB, and no issues. The NRS states partially or wholly visible, or was it clearly visible that its a firearm? I cant remember which is AZ and which is NV, both lead to the same thing though.

Its one of the two, and if you do the research, you can find the exact wording.

Does this help?

NRS 202.3653 Definitions. As used in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires:

1. “Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.

Suffice it to say, when I look your way, I had better see a blaster! And not just some funky bulge under your shirt!
    Last edited by redreed; 07-16-2010 at 11:14 PM.