• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry with an IWB holster?

Sabotage70

IANAL

As long as your shirt is tucked in I don't see a problem. A contrasting shirt wouldn't hurt. I've heard about a 3 side rule, but I think it is just bullsh!t anyways.

tcmech

Each state has different laws but where I live it is referred to as the "Virginia tuck" and is leagal.

MPlannette

Like Sabotage said, if its visible its not concealed. The 3 side rule is a California thing anyway.

paintsnow

Thats how i do it sometimes.

Been in an encounter with LEO while carrying in an IWB, and no issues. The NRS states partially or wholly visible, or was it clearly visible that its a firearm? I cant remember which is AZ and which is NV, both lead to the same thing though.

Its one of the two, and if you do the research, you can find the exact wording.

redreed

Does this help?

NRS 202.3653 Definitions. As used in NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires:

1. “Concealed firearm” means a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver or other firearm which is carried upon a person in such a manner as not to be discernible by ordinary observation.

Suffice it to say, when I look your way, I had better see a blaster! And not just some funky bulge under your shirt!

Last edited: