• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police arrest woman in Brookfield for transporting a loaded gun near / in church

grinner

Woman Arrested after Taking Gun to Church
By Jodi Becker
Story Created: Jul 8, 2010
Story Updated: Jul 8, 2010
BROOKFIELD - Parishioners at a church in Brookfield got a Sunday surprise during services last weekend.

A woman from Milwaukee strolled into a church in Brookfield with a loaded Glock 9mm handgun slung on her hip.

She kept it there for the entire 9:15 service at Unitarian Universalist Church West near the corner of North 124th Street and West North Avenue in Brookfield.

Police told BrookfieldNOW.com that when church members asked the woman why she brought the gun, she said it was to make a point.

The woman eventually put the gun in a zip-case on the seat of her car.

That's where police found the Glock as they arrested her for transporting a loaded weapon.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/98018079.html

Last edited:

grinner

Ah, sorry. Couldn't tell from the title of that thread and reading it got painful. Moderators, go ahead and delete my thread if you wish.