• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm new here...

Kerry

Hi everyone - I just joined and wanted to let everyone know that if there is anything I can do to help the cause let me know. I would also like to know when you all get together. I plan on coming to the SeaTac BBQ. I'm friends with TWG2A and sang God Bless America at the Olympia 2nd Amendment Rally... :)

I am going to school and leading an ACT! for America chapter in Pierce County but I am active politically and have met with my reps many times. They are all NRA members too -

hey, is anyone else irritated that the NRA has endorsed dingy Harry? GRRRR.... his voting record doesn't even show a good 2nd amendment record! Oh, whooptifreakindoo - he got an outdoor range for Nevada... :banghead:

So where should I go if I leave the NRA? Gun Owners of America? any suggestions?

thanks

Carry on!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Welcome...

Welcome to OCDO...
(not a member of the NRA...so no opinion on Reid)
I support WAC and SAF

Great to have you!

Hi everyone - I just joined and wanted to let everyone know that if there is anything I can do to help the cause let me know. I would also like to know when you all get together. I plan on coming to the SeaTac BBQ. I'm friends with TWG2A and sang God Bless America at the Olympia 2nd Amendment Rally... :)

I am going to school and leading an ACT! for America chapter in Pierce County but I am active politically and have met with my reps many times. They are all NRA members too -

hey, is anyone else irritated that the NRA has endorsed dingy Harry? GRRRR.... his voting record doesn't even show a good 2nd amendment record! Oh, whooptifreakindoo - he got an outdoor range for Nevada... :banghead:

So where should I go if I leave the NRA? Gun Owners of America? any suggestions?

thanks

Carry on!

Last edited:

Aryk45XD

Welcome to the board Kerry. I spoke with you a little before you left the Olympia rally before you left. I haven't been making the meets lately because it's too early to get up for me. They meet every second Saturday. The most simple thing you can do to help is start to carry open in public to help normalize it once again.

Ruby

Welcome, Kerry. We are having a meet 'n greet this Saturday at 8am at the Starbucks in Federal Way. It's at 1401 South 348th Street in FW. Would be happy to have you join us.

I am fairly new also, just joined in May. I agree with you on the NRA and Reid. Reid has a decades long record of voting against gun rights as well as proposing new gun regulations. I just renewed my membership a month or so ago but have seriously been considering rescinding my membership in protest. I know I won't get my money back, but I'm not really that concerned about the money. I am concerned about the direction the NRA seems to be taking at the present time. I will probably join GOA.

gsx1138

Joined the NRA for the first time this last year. This will also be the last year I support them. The fact that they refuse to acknowledge any other organizations and actually back Harry Reid tells me they are nothing more than a money making operation with 2A support as a byproduct.

That said, welcome aboard!