• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still waiting for my CCW

colo sam

Day 56 now so if its going to take the full 90 over half way on the wait. Been reading some of my first oc exper. I have open carried in the mountains, Fairplay, etc. with no problems or questions. Its getting time to give it a go down here is the Westminster, Thornton area. Would anyone be interested in a oc coffee Saturday or Sunday morning?

groovedrummer

Day 56 now so if its going to take the full 90 over half way on the wait. Been reading some of my first oc exper. I have open carried in the mountains, Fairplay, etc. with no problems or questions. Its getting time to give it a go down here is the Westminster, Thornton area. Would anyone be interested in a oc coffee Saturday or Sunday morning?

which Starbucks are you closest to?

cscitney87

If you read my "getting my chp" thread- I only waited 80 days. Same thing with the other people that were picking up their permits- I asked them all how long they waited. So expect 90- mark it on the calender- and be pleasantly surprised when you get a call a little sooner.

Having the CHP sure does make OC much much much easier.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I can't imagine that things have got much better since I got mine, and it took quite a while then due to the sheriff's office being swamped with apps.

Well, that's what they say, but having pushed a lot of government paper in my day, and knowing how long background checks really take (minutes, not months - it's all electronic, including fingerprint matching), I'm firmly convinced the 90-day wait is "rope time," that is, time enough that if you're too gung ho and wind up doing something stupid, the sheriff has given you time (rope) enough to hang yourself.

Or at least loose your status as being eligible for a CHP (as they call it here in Colorado).

colo sam

Wolf

I am close to 84th. and fed. so if you know of a good starbucks that will work for me

ooghost1oo

To hell with the CHP.

I waited for months, and jumped through loads of bureaucratic hoops trying to clear up something settled in my background (that does NOT disqualify me), only to be denied based on something that didn't make any sense and completely ignored the affidavits and hoop jumping results.

Now, I'll be working to get Dan Maes in the governor's seat and working to pass Constitutional Carry (as in CONCEALED, CS), so that any law-abiding citizen can CC without a permit. F**K CBI.

Last edited:

cscitney87

United States Constitutional Carry. Colorado Constitutional Carry only covers Open Carry.

Edit: Power being inherent in the people- then local- then county- then state- then federal.....

Your Federal Constitution says you can carry (doesn't say how) and your state restricts that carry right to open carry only. This combination and "power chain" leaves you with Constitutional Open Carry only in this State. In any other state, where concealed isn't specifically excluded from the state Constitution, you could say "constitutional carry."

But sure.. "Constitutional Carry."

You shouldn't be so "upset" with the result of your go at the permit. When you get knocked down- pick yourself right back up. Try and try again. If you've already paid the money for the service- you should continue to search for a way to right the wrong. I may suggest contacting your mayor, governor, a district attorney, so on and so forth.

Have you done everything possible with everyone possible? Or have you just spoken with the sheriff's office?

Just wondering. I hate to see that happen to you. Good luck.

Last edited: