• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC in Black River Falls?

logan

Campaign Veteran
I work in BRF, but I never stop anywhere after work. So I haven't gotten to OC there yet.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I guess I am trying to find out where we can see if BRF has an ordinance regarding OC.

Any way you can call city hall to see where the ordinances are viewable?

The interview the chief of police gave implied that OC was illegal in BRF. If it is, we need to organize a lunch or something.

logan

Campaign Veteran
I don't think it is....and if it is it isn't enforceable...and the DA certainly wouldn't prosecute.

B

bhancock

My brother lives in BRF and I asked him to contact city hall to see what he could find out, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I have been thinking about calling Bill Moe at Moe Hardware Hank & Sporting Goods 33 Main St. • Black River Falls, WI 54615 • 715-284-4621 • 888-276-6466. But I really haven't had the time during the day. Feel free to give him a call yourself if you would like. I plan on OC'ing there sometime in the next couple weeks. Need to buy some ammo and just see what's new.

BROKENSPROKET

My brother lives in BRF and I asked him to contact city hall to see what he could find out, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I have been thinking about calling Bill Moe at Moe Hardware Hank & Sporting Goods 33 Main St. • Black River Falls, WI 54615 • 715-284-4621 • 888-276-6466. But I really haven't had the time during the day. Feel free to give him a call yourself if you would like. I plan on OC'ing there sometime in the next couple weeks. Need to buy some ammo and just see what's new.

I wish I would have read this before I left the house this morning. I was at Moe's today. I wanted to ask him about city ordinances but he seemed really busy selling guns. They don't have a restroom, so I made a trip to Wal-Mart. Got some good looks, especially when I was behind the sporting goods counter looking at ammo. Had a very pleasant conversation with a check out lady. She was very curious if she needed a permit to carry and in what manner she could. Back to Moe's, he was gone. I bought a couple of small things and checked out a specific handgun. I think I will be back next weekend to start the paperwork.

I have OC'd in Black River before. At a gunshow with BNH and then to Culvers. I have been to Wal-Mart, BK, and either Kwik Trip or Lazy J, but I don't remember which off hand.

So I have OC'd in Black River before, but today was the first time I OC'd in the vehicle, in Jackson County, that is. To experience the peace of mind that even if I was cited or arrested, the DA would drop the charges and give my gun back was a glimpse of what is to come.