• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good LEO encounter

Cobbersmom

Wasn't OC'ing but the subject came up. Yesterday I needed to contact the local police about a restraining order violation. (yes I know they're worthless) A gentleman who I have a RO against contacted my place of employment yesterday in violation of the order. I called immediately to report it and a very young cop came out. My past experiences with the young ones, whether about carry or otherwise, hasn't always been positive. Didn't know what to expect and knew ahead of time not much could be done about the incident but I mentioned I appreciated his help but I take responsibility for my own protection and am never without a gun. Told him I am a supporter of open carry and don't expect the cops or folks other than myself to protect me. Since I was in a building where I could only carry unloaded/encased, I said it's nearby but am not carrying here because I can't - wasn't sure if he was up on carry stuff so I thought I'd explain it. When my boss peeked into the room to ask if I'd be ok alone if she left, I looked at her then said 'there's a cop here, I think I'll be fine'. Then the surprise. The cop said 'don't worry about her, she can take care of herself, she's packing!'
It was refreshing to find one who respected my attitude and even applauded it. Thumbs up to him!!! I hope there are more like him.

protias

There are actually quite a few LEOs who are in favor of us hard working Americans carrying. It is a shame there are some who think we're all guilty until proven innocent.