• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Seminars

danbus

I've been asked to do this before some years ago, but couldn't find it in my schedule to do so. I now have weekends off and would like to take that opportunity.

I would like to talk to those sitting on the fence, anyone wanting more knowledge, or anything OC related including CC. I think others would be more qualified to speak, but if anyone knows anyone that would like to have someone like to speak, then I would be glad to do so.

I just don't know how one gets into doing seminars and I was wondering if y'all could provide any insight.

Thanks in advance.

MSC 45ACP

I've been asked to do this before some years ago, but couldn't find it in my schedule to do so. I now have weekends off and would like to take that opportunity.

Let me be the first to say it...

WELCOME BACK, DAN!!!

Glad yo see you "back". I heard you were "in the family way". Congrats! I look forward to talking to you again.

Mike

Sleepless

One of the first things that I would do, if you don't have any experience in it, is to sign up for a public speaking class. Many community colleges offer them and it will be very beneficial.

I agree with ProShooter, I think there is also Toastmasters that you can join as well but unfortunately I don't know anything about them.

Good luck though Dan and welcome back. =o)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let me be the first to say it...

WELCOME BACK, DAN!!!

Glad yo see you "back". I heard you were "in the family way". Congrats! I look forward to talking to you again.

Mike

Congratulations also.

I believe that User (screen name) puts on an occasional seminar at various times. They have been said to be quite good.

To gain experience you might consider volunteering at the VCDL table at local gun shows - it gives you experience interacting with people and would be appreciated by the local coordinator too.

Good luck, get involved and have fun - welcome back Dan.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Welcome back, Dan! Great to see you again.

Second Toastmasters -- they're inexpensive and invaluable. And I'm absolutely certain the area gun shows can use your help at the VCDL tables -- if you can't spare a full shift, often a half one will definitely help.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome back, Dan! Great to see you again,

I certainly agree with the sentiment!

Now, as for your seminars - You get started, I think, by getting invited to talk about your experiences and how folks can learn from what you went through instead of repeating it themselves. I guess you need to shop yourself around to folks doing CHP classes, and/or LEO Academy sessions, or stuff like that.

There's lots of folks who may be more qualified to teach the law, but hardly anyone more qualified to teach the application of the law. Why don't you work up an outline for a talk to a VCDL membership meeting about what it's like to hold your ground in the face of JBT/RespekMyAuthoritay opposition and then see if the VCDL Pres will give you a chance to try it out?

Bill for career coaching is in the mail. I take most forms of cash as long as yu have at least three (3) valid IDs.

stay safe.

MSC 45ACP

Bill for career coaching is in the mail. I take most forms of cash as long as you have at least three (3) valid IDs.

stay safe.

Now THAT is funny... IIRC, Dan was an outstanding example of Sterile Carry at one time.
I wanted to point this out to those that don't know him.
Skid just typed about the funniest thing I've read in DAYS! Thanks for the laugh!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but at the risk of embarrassing Dan, I will confess now that he one of my OC HEROES. Some feel he's made some monumental errors in judgement. It isn't my place to judge anyone.
I've learned a great deal from reading his posts about his experiences as a BMWAG. I look forward to his next "career" with great interest.