Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: YAY, Saw my first Unicorn today

  1. #1
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    YAY, Saw my first Unicorn today

    Wife and I were in Aberdeen, and pulled into Safeway to get some gas and low and behold, theres a guy walking up to the store OC. I gave a shout out, yelled Hey Howdy, Wanted to meet him and see if he was on the forum here, but found out the hard way he isnt. I was pulling over to park and and yelled "hang on, your OC and thats awsome, I wanna talk". This is how I know he's not on here... He said "NO" and continued on. I looked at my wife and told her he doesnt know about OCDO. She asked me how I knew, and I told her that everyone on OCDO is very mature, polite and not "*******'S". Wow what a let down, whoda thunk it, Unicorns in Aberdeen are *******'s with a gun and an attitude. Still nice to know I'm not the only one walking around exposed.

  2. #2
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884
    He may have not heard you correctly and assumed you were a Brady moron. Or maybe he's just an asshat.

  3. #3
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    He may have not heard you correctly and assumed you were a Brady moron. Or maybe he's just an asshat.
    We hadnt talked yet or met, howed he know my name and that I'm a moron? LOL
    I was smiling and yeah, he heard me. Athough the asshat theory is probable. I'm a people person and wanted to talk.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    Wife and I were in Aberdeen, and pulled into Safeway to get some gas and low and behold, theres a guy walking up to the store OC. I gave a shout out, yelled Hey Howdy, Wanted to meet him and see if he was on the forum here, but found out the hard way he isnt. I was pulling over to park and and yelled "hang on, your OC and thats awsome, I wanna talk". This is how I know he's not on here... He said "NO" and continued on. I looked at my wife and told her he doesnt know about OCDO. She asked me how I knew, and I told her that everyone on OCDO is very mature, polite and not "*******'S". Wow what a let down, whoda thunk it, Unicorns in Aberdeen are *******'s with a gun and an attitude. Still nice to know I'm not the only one walking around exposed.
    Well, it is nice to believe that to be the case.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  5. #5
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Well, it is nice to believe that to be the case.
    I tried...

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    I tried...
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    I always wave my sidearm around when I see another OC'r, to let them know I OC too.

  8. #8
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    Crap, thats what I did wrong. :^P I should have waved mine around at Safeway, I'm sure even if he hadnt came over and introduced himself, another group of open carriers would have came and introduced themselves, probably would have invited me to stay the night at their place too.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Lmao!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  10. #10
    Regular Member Mainsail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,532
    I guess that would make me a ******* sometimes too. I don't feel any social obligation to interrupt what I'm doing to chit-chat with someone if I don't feel like it. I most often do, because I enjoy discussing firearms, but if you can screaming and waving at me across a parking lot, I would probably avoid you as well.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Winlock, , USA
    Posts
    501
    "Did you tell your wife you saw a unicorn?" asked the police. "Of course not," said the husband. "The unicorn is a mythical beast." "That's all I wanted to know," said the psychiatrist. "Take her away. I'm sorry, sir, but your wife is as crazy as a jaybird."

    (James Thurber)

  12. #12
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Cool

    LOL to Sylvia and Amz. That's too funny. I avoid people too, except when I OC. I tend to be a lot more polite and open. Mostly because I am more aware of anybody around me.

    BTW, CC'd for the second time yesterday to the store and nothing. No looks or lectures from anybody. Way to uneventful for comfort. First time was too the mall.

  13. #13
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871

    Maybe....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsx1138 View Post
    He may have not heard you correctly and assumed you were a Brady moron. Or maybe he's just an asshat.

    just maybe, he just wants to be left alone to go about his business without someone making a circus of it in a parking lot.
    Last edited by j2l3; 07-09-2010 at 03:55 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryk45XD View Post
    LOL to Sylvia and Amz. That's too funny. I avoid people too, except when I OC. I tend to be a lot more polite and open. Mostly because I am more aware of anybody around me.

    BTW, CC'd for the second time yesterday to the store and nothing. No looks or lectures from anybody. Way to uneventful for comfort. First time was too the mall.
    I'm surprised your mall trip was uneventful, I was quickly escorted out by no less than five security officers at the mall downtown Spokane! Most malls are very unfriendly to firearms, at least from my experiences and stories I’ve heard.

  15. #15
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    I didnt see any "no firearms" signs posted at Northgate mall. I went to visit my son, and we went to red robin to eat and then I took my daughter to Toys R Us to get some SeaMonkey's. Went through both stores private entrances not through the mall, though. No problems there.
    I dont understand why hospitals have no firearms sign though. Seems like that would be the best place to shoot or get shot, would only be more business for them. St Peters in Olympia doesnt like guns.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    even military hospitals in a war zone have no firearms rules/laws. Primarily (as far as it has been preached to me while I was still on active duty) it is to prevent ANYONE who may be either psychologically unstable, in shock, or disgusted with a fellow unit member from bringing/acquiring a firearm and inflicting harm on anyone else.

    I know that makes about as much sense as being able to order alchiehol at applebees as long as you are not in the bar area, but thus is my experience(s) in hospital settings.

  17. #17
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522
    whats funny is the hospital has a sign that prohibits knives, guns, and latex. But, the phsyciatric building does not.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over run with mud(s)
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    whats funny is the hospital has a sign that prohibits knives, guns, and latex. But, the phsyciatric building does not.
    maybe they are the kind of psych unit that believes in Darwinism amongst it's patients????

  19. #19
    Regular Member SnarlyWino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, United States
    Posts
    375
    Beenie, try to notice the subtleties between CC and OC. Your experience was completely different and to be expected.
    Keep Calm and Carry On,

    Snarly

    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

  20. #20
    Regular Member bennie1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by SnarlyWino View Post
    Beenie, try to notice the subtleties between CC and OC. Your experience was completely different and to be expected.
    I figured it was a typo because it forum is for discussions about openly carrying a hand gun. Also why would you have an eventful CC, the point of CC is no one knows.

  21. #21
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    I guess that would make me a ******* sometimes too. I don't feel any social obligation to interrupt what I'm doing to chit-chat with someone if I don't feel like it. I most often do, because I enjoy discussing firearms, but if you can screaming and waving at me across a parking lot, I would probably avoid you as well.
    I was thinking the same thing when reading the OP. I thought the point was to be able to OC with no hassles, from anyone. I usually carry on my conversations with others about OC as the opportunity presents itself, not by running after someone in a parking lot.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048
    lol Just because a man doesn't want to talk doesn't mean he's a *****

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    I guess that would make me a ******* sometimes too. I don't feel any social obligation to interrupt what I'm doing to chit-chat with someone if I don't feel like it. I most often do, because I enjoy discussing firearms, but if you can screaming and waving at me across a parking lot, I would probably avoid you as well.
    I had an experience in the Safeway parking lot last week. I was OCing, and pushing my cart back to the cart section of the parking lot, when some dude getting in his car pointed over to me and threw his arms up in the air and smiled a big toothy smile, acting as if I were going to do a stick up or something.

  24. #24
    McX
    Guest
    well, at least he's well practiced for when he does get held up! Smile, and maybe the criminals will feel sorry for him, and let him keep some of his stuff!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •