Thread: Truck is business. Carry loaded gun?

Truck is business. Carry loaded gun?

If I were to carry a loaded gun in My "Tool truck"( mobil tool sales of name brand tools servicing shops) which is my personal business that I own. Would this be leagle? Can I open Carry a loaded gun.
    Sorry if this has been asked befor.

You definitely cannot have a loaded gun while the truck is underway. If it's parked it may be a similar situation to RVs, where they are a vehicle while moving but a home while parked, but I am not very knowledgeable in that area of the law.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Quote Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
    If I were to carry a loaded gun in My "Tool truck"( mobil tool sales of name brand tools servicing shops) which is my personal business that I own. Would this be leagle? Can I open Carry a loaded gun.
    Sorry if this has been asked befor.
    According to CA state law you can not OC a loaded firearm.

Regarding carrying while driving, I'm not sure on the conceal carry laws in CA so I will not comment.

'How to own a gun and stay out of Jail' http://www.gunlawpress.com/

There is case law on this for a cab owner/operator with no 'fixed' place of business. Other professions have attempted to cite this case law and LOST. Read that book and consult an attorney before placing yourself in legal jeopardy.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildars View Post
    According to CA state law you can not OC a loaded firearm.

Regarding carrying while driving, I'm not sure on the conceal carry laws in CA so I will not comment.
    Sure you can. I'm doing it right now. You just cannot LOC in an incorporated city or in part of the unincorporated county with a shooting restriction. One can legally LOC in their resisdence or place of business.

However, the OP has an unusual situation where a legal consultation would be the best advice. I would suggest UOC'ing in the vehicle when stopped as long as you know you're not in a GFSZ.

thanks this was not for me but for someone i know.

Quote Originally Posted by coolusername2007 View Post
    Sure you can. I'm doing it right now. You just cannot LOC in an incorporated city or in part of the unincorporated county with a shooting restriction. One can legally LOC in their resisdence or place of business.

However, the OP has an unusual situation where a legal consultation would be the best advice. I would suggest UOC'ing in the vehicle when stopped as long as you know you're not in a GFSZ.
    Not to change the tread, but it bring up a question I have.
    Can you LOC while driving in and on a National Forest road ?
    I always thought all california roads were off limits to LOC-ing.

Robin47

Quote Originally Posted by Robin47 View Post
    Not to change the tread, but it bring up a question I have.
    Can you LOC while driving in and on a National Forest road ?
    I always thought all california roads were off limits to LOC-ing.

Robin47
    This is a complicated question and it depends on a lot of factors like if it's part of a "no shooting" zone in the county, the type of road and if you're hunting or not. The definition of LOC is also dependent on these factors. For example, if you're hunting in a National Forest and driving on an unimproved road (i.e. dirt road, for lack of a better example), you can drive with the firearm "loaded" as long as there is not a round chambered. However, once you're on an improved road, you have to revert to what we commonly understand as UOC in CA. If you are hunting and have a round chambered, the game warden automatically assumes that you are intending to hunt/shoot from the vehicle, which is illegal.

It's complicated, but they teach you most of this stuff in the CA Hunter's Education course, which is required to obtain a hunting license (at least the did when I was 14...which was a long time ago ).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by moleculo View Post
    This is a complicated question and it depends on a lot of factors like if it's part of a "no shooting" zone in the county, the type of road and if you're hunting or not. The definition of LOC is also dependent on these factors. For example, if you're hunting in a National Forest and driving on an unimproved road (i.e. dirt road, for lack of a better example), you can drive with the firearm "loaded" as long as there is not a round chambered. However, once you're on an improved road, you have to revert to what we commonly understand as UOC in CA. If you are hunting and have a round chambered, the game warden automatically assumes that you are intending to hunt/shoot from the vehicle, which is illegal.

It's complicated, but they teach you most of this stuff in the CA Hunter's Education course, which is required to obtain a hunting license (at least the did when I was 14...which was a long time ago ).
    Yeah thanks Molecolo, Im not hunting but was just wondering about LOC-ing on dirt roads in the national forest,
    but not hunting, no round in the chamber either.
    Thanks for the distinction on which roads, dirt vs. paved.
    Self-protection is my main reason for carry.
    Yeah I to have a hunter safty patch & paper from 1958 ! Thanks Bro ! Robin47