• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truck is business. Carry loaded gun?

ryanburbridge

If I were to carry a loaded gun in My "Tool truck"( mobil tool sales of name brand tools servicing shops) which is my personal business that I own. Would this be leagle? Can I open Carry a loaded gun.
Sorry if this has been asked befor.

wewd

You definitely cannot have a loaded gun while the truck is underway. If it's parked it may be a similar situation to RVs, where they are a vehicle while moving but a home while parked, but I am not very knowledgeable in that area of the law.

Kildars

If I were to carry a loaded gun in My "Tool truck"( mobil tool sales of name brand tools servicing shops) which is my personal business that I own. Would this be leagle? Can I open Carry a loaded gun.
Sorry if this has been asked befor.

According to CA state law you can not OC a loaded firearm.

Regarding carrying while driving, I'm not sure on the conceal carry laws in CA so I will not comment.

cato

'How to own a gun and stay out of Jail' http://www.gunlawpress.com/

There is case law on this for a cab owner/operator with no 'fixed' place of business. Other professions have attempted to cite this case law and LOST. Read that book and consult an attorney before placing yourself in legal jeopardy.

coolusername2007

According to CA state law you can not OC a loaded firearm.

Regarding carrying while driving, I'm not sure on the conceal carry laws in CA so I will not comment.

Sure you can. I'm doing it right now. You just cannot LOC in an incorporated city or in part of the unincorporated county with a shooting restriction. One can legally LOC in their resisdence or place of business.

However, the OP has an unusual situation where a legal consultation would be the best advice. I would suggest UOC'ing in the vehicle when stopped as long as you know you're not in a GFSZ.

Robin47

Sure you can. I'm doing it right now. You just cannot LOC in an incorporated city or in part of the unincorporated county with a shooting restriction. One can legally LOC in their resisdence or place of business.

However, the OP has an unusual situation where a legal consultation would be the best advice. I would suggest UOC'ing in the vehicle when stopped as long as you know you're not in a GFSZ.

Not to change the tread, but it bring up a question I have.
Can you LOC while driving in and on a National Forest road ?
I always thought all california roads were off limits to LOC-ing.

Robin47

moleculo

Not to change the tread, but it bring up a question I have.
Can you LOC while driving in and on a National Forest road ?
I always thought all california roads were off limits to LOC-ing.

Robin47

This is a complicated question and it depends on a lot of factors like if it's part of a "no shooting" zone in the county, the type of road and if you're hunting or not. The definition of LOC is also dependent on these factors. For example, if you're hunting in a National Forest and driving on an unimproved road (i.e. dirt road, for lack of a better example), you can drive with the firearm "loaded" as long as there is not a round chambered. However, once you're on an improved road, you have to revert to what we commonly understand as UOC in CA. If you are hunting and have a round chambered, the game warden automatically assumes that you are intending to hunt/shoot from the vehicle, which is illegal.

It's complicated, but they teach you most of this stuff in the CA Hunter's Education course, which is required to obtain a hunting license (at least the did when I was 14...which was a long time ago ;) ).

Robin47

This is a complicated question and it depends on a lot of factors like if it's part of a "no shooting" zone in the county, the type of road and if you're hunting or not. The definition of LOC is also dependent on these factors. For example, if you're hunting in a National Forest and driving on an unimproved road (i.e. dirt road, for lack of a better example), you can drive with the firearm "loaded" as long as there is not a round chambered. However, once you're on an improved road, you have to revert to what we commonly understand as UOC in CA. If you are hunting and have a round chambered, the game warden automatically assumes that you are intending to hunt/shoot from the vehicle, which is illegal.

It's complicated, but they teach you most of this stuff in the CA Hunter's Education course, which is required to obtain a hunting license (at least the did when I was 14...which was a long time ago ;) ).

Yeah thanks Molecolo, Im not hunting but was just wondering about LOC-ing on dirt roads in the national forest,
but not hunting, no round in the chamber either.
Thanks for the distinction on which roads, dirt vs. paved.
Self-protection is my main reason for carry.
Yeah I to have a hunter safty patch & paper from 1958 ! Thanks Bro ! Robin47