• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else following this?

cscitney87

Because hey.. as long as INSPGAD knows the truth- we can get this guy off the hook.

As long as Weaponize knows the truth.

You guys have all the facts. You should call the PD and let the investigators know the real truth. I'm sure they'll release him right away upon your phone call.

cscitney87

I need to say this again to be completely clear.

If your life is not immediately in danger- you may not shoot.

His life was not immediately in danger- he shot- and he's facing the consequences.

But like I said... you guys think you know all the facts.. so he must be innocent because those two bad guys MUST have been bout to murder the old man.. while being illegal immigrants.. while driving away in the truck.. while both men were inside the truck.. with the old man's trailer hooked up.

zach

The biggest part of this that we should all have an issue with is why are these illegals with prior criminal history's in this state, in this country, and not being charged yet? Why is nobody talking about that? Is the famous dumb ass Ritter going to let them go on agg tresspass charges and not even deport them like he is famous for? If our stupid liberal idiot politicions and civilians woke the f*** up this would never have happend. With there ridiculous values and beliefs it will happen again and most of you will pay attention to the wrong side of the story as usual.

Exactly!! Why has the DA been so quick to file charges against Mr. Wallace, yet there have been NO charges filed against these felons?

Morh

Hubert (One-Slow County), North Carolina, USA
I need to say this again to be completely clear.

If your life is not immediately in danger- you may not shoot.

His life was not immediately in danger- he shot- and he's facing the consequences.

But like I said... you guys think you know all the facts.. so he must be innocent because those two bad guys MUST have been bout to murder the old man.. while being illegal immigrants.. while driving away in the truck.. while both men were inside the truck.. with the old man's trailer hooked up.

My issues are that it seems like the DA is trumping up the charges that dont fit, like he PREMEDITATED the theft of his trailer so he could shoot at them, AND where i live if your feel your life, or the life of another is in danger you can shoot to kill. THE ONLY people who know that is him and maybe the 2 criminals, now if i have to pick someone to believe the choice should be obvious.

mahkagari

Exactly!! Why has the DA been so quick to file charges against Mr. Wallace, yet there have been NO charges filed against these felons?

I'm not following it cloesly. Are there NO charges filed or are they just being prepped for deportation? The media is prone to give you the wrong impression by focusing on one thing over the other.

CO-Joe

I'm not going to say that what the guy did was right or wrong--we clearly don't even know the details. But, here's a philosophy: maybe our country would be in a bit better shape if some never-do-wells got perforated now and again--even if someone's life wasn't in danger. Yeah, even if it was just property they were going after. Our civilization is in a rough patch, and we won't let anyone do a thing about it. Like a bunch of crabs in a bucket, we drag the escaping crabs right back down.

In many practical ways, the rule of law has or is failing (if it ever truly existed). Whether they are in high or low positions, these types don't fear the law... But it has been shown they fear armed citizens more than the police--because policemen are expected to show at least a modicum of restraint. When thieves and other criminals have to make a critical decision (is this worth my life?), before doing their particular ill-deed... It might not be a bad thing.

More than anything, it would really suck for everyone involved for a bullet to clock an innocent bystander. And that's why you can't condone popping a couple shots off randomly. But nobody was hurt, and thank God for that--so why throw the book at him? To deter other people from doing the same, presumably. That is, after all, the purpose of the law, is it not?

Even if his good judgment lapsed (which hasn't been shown), maybe it's the other parties we should be throwing the book at, so their kind can be the ones facing the deterrent.

Yooper

We should all be able to defend property. If we work our asses off, save what little we can, to get something in time that we truly want or need, only to have some piece of manure try and take it, we should be able to stop them.

I remember (though it's been 15 years or so ago) when a person tried stealing an old snowmobile worth about $100. The property owner caught him, and fired a shotgun at him. He (the attempted thief) was arrested with a bunch of lead in his rear end, no charges were filed against the property owner, and when the thief tried to sue the property owner, he couldn't get a lawyer who would take his case. There was no law allowing defense of property, and at the time, we had to attempt to flee before using deadly force in our own homes. It was a judgment call (and a good one in my opinion) by the D.A. not to press charges, and I think a great statement by the local lawyers to refuse to take such a case.

It would be nice for the D.A. to show some discretion in this case

Russf

Wow you guys are hopelessly lost.

Yeah.. if you are faced with being murdered (ran over by truck) or moving out of the way.. which would you choose?

If you move out of the way- you are not going to be murdered- you don't have to fire any bullets.

So if the old man indeed was in the path- moved out of the path- and THEN fired bullets; he's wrong.

But I'm sure you all know much much more than the LEOs and Investigators that showed up on the scene. You must know all the facts- and you should all give the DA a call and let them know that you have all the facts. Go ahead and mail the DA a letter stating this man was in the free and clear to murder the bad guys. Go for it.

How many times do we see this on an episode of cops. I have seen episodes were a cop shoots at a fleeing car. (Then if your therory is correct they should be arrested for the same law this guy is being charged with), So dont tell me that a peson who is in front of a car should jump out of the way. It is his property if he stands in front of a car to stop them and they put it in gear and move towards him and try to run him over, then in the laws eyes it is considered a dangerous weapon. By all means fire, just like the cops. It just happened here in Wisconsin. police shoot and kill man attempting to take a police vehicle after a foot chase, there were no cops in front or back of vehicle they shoot him from the side. Justifiable according to the DA.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
How many times do we see this on an episode of cops. I have seen episodes were a cop shoots at a fleeing car. (Then if your therory is correct they should be arrested for the same law this guy is being charged with), So dont tell me that a peson who is in front of a car should jump out of the way. It is his property if he stands in front of a car to stop them and they put it in gear and move towards him and try to run him over, then in the laws eyes it is considered a dangerous weapon. By all means fire, just like the cops. It just happened here in Wisconsin. police shoot and kill man attempting to take a police vehicle after a foot chase, there were no cops in front or back of vehicle they shoot him from the side. Justifiable according to the DA.

Please don't allow Hollywood or TV shows to be your deciding factor.

Better to cite the applicable statute or court case for that state in defense of your position.

CaveMan

Because hey.. as long as INSPGAD knows the truth- we can get this guy off the hook.

As long as Weaponize knows the truth.

You guys have all the facts. You should call the PD and let the investigators know the real truth. I'm sure they'll release him right away upon your phone call.

Before you make a childish heated remark to a fellowforum member maybe you should read their entire post. I said thats what I heard on 630 the radio station. I also said I was not sure if he did anything wrong but justice should be served. My issue is with the actuall thiefs. Every one of your ------ ------ had nothing to do with what I said.

If interested you can go to coloradocarry.org or cogunowners.com

CaveMan

By the way since you don't seem to read peoples entire posts that was NOT an inventation for you cscitney87.

CaveMan

Really? I ask him to be polite to his fellow forum members and you delete half of my post?
I make a comment that he didn't read my entire post. NO ATTACKS NO SWEAR WORDS and you delete my post?
Shame on you. Embarresed that I was right? My post was very professional.

You allow his personal attacks that have nothing to do with what I said. I tell him to reread my post because he was completely out of line and WRONG and you delete my post?

Wow you just lost another member!

zach

I'm not following it cloesly. Are there NO charges filed or are they just being prepped for deportation? The media is prone to give you the wrong impression by focusing on one thing over the other.

I'm not sure if they're being prepped for deportation. I have heard/read no evidence to support/deny this. Given the past though, I'm guess there are no deportation proceedings forthcoming.

I know the distortion the media puts on events. I once sat on a murder trial for 5 months, then went back and read all the newspaper articles about the case. Print Media is pretty much a joke, IMO.

mahkagari

Given the past though, I'm guess there are no deportation proceedings forthcoming.
Found the line in the article that says no charges filed against the thieves. That is BS. Even if the shooter was 100% in the wrong, the thieves are still thieves. This same problem exists with gun control. Instead of properly enforcing the laws on the books, more laws are passed to cast a wider net that only serves to inhibit law-abiding people. Instead of lobbying for more immigration laws that are only going to foster xenophobia and racism and harm legal migrants and citizens, the ones that are on the books need to be enforced.

mahkagari

Thanks, Rabbit.

'Wallace repeatedly denied shooting at the thieves but eventually handed over the gun he had hidden, saying "here is what you are looking for," according to an arrest warrant affidavit.'

Okay, that was dumb.

'His right hand shook uncontrollably. "It's probably the onset of something. I only go to doctors when I'm in dire need."'

Ah, see, it's all the fault of comprehensive health care reform.

zach

Thanks for the article Rabbit.

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents saw that warrant after taking Torres-Ochoa into custody on an immigration violation at his place of employment in Boulder."

Hmmmmmmm, why not name his place of employment?

Yooper

Thanks for the article Rabbit.

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents saw that warrant after taking Torres-Ochoa into custody on an immigration violation at his place of employment in Boulder."

Hmmmmmmm, why not name his place of employment?

Because the left wing media doesn't want to give up the name of the employer. They're all for illegal immigrants civil rights, even if they violate the laws of the U.S.