• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlie Sykes is Picking Up MKEGirl's Story Next 620WTMJ

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I like how Charlie is challenging the current caller about the illegal stop and illegal seizure.

Third caller, Jim from Sussex, GREAT call!

Charlie: So you think the law is unconstitutional
Jim: "Hell yes"

Last edited:
M

McX

listening in now; boy we still have alot of work to do to educate the public on gun rights, constitutional rights, and laws!

M

McX

we've got to get the message out there every day, every chance we get; had a guy in the shop yesterday, was going over his bill with him, and he mentioned: Did you see my NRA sticker on the back of my car? I responded; Yes, I did, do you see the gun on my hip? He said: Yes, I do, and the conversation evolved naturally from there, he supports right of carry, and took a pamphlet. another citizen placed on the path to knowledge.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
By and large, I think Charlie did a great job with it. I'm really glad he made a point with the callers of questioning whether the police had a right to stop her at all. (which they didn't)

If I was Brookfield, I'd get my attorneys ready... just sayin... ;)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
By and large, I think Charlie did a great job with it. I'm really glad he made a point with the callers of questioning whether the police had a right to stop her at all. (which they didn't)

If I was Brookfield, I'd get my attorneys ready... just sayin... ;)
Hey, can you be PM'd with the new software? Otherwise get John to get rid of the offending parts of your username. He can change it but keep it the same if you get my drift. I've got a couple questions and haven't seen JRM around the forum lately.

Archangel

I listened to the podcast. Overall quite well done except for one thing.

I hate it when any of these news jockeys says a person open carrying: Was trying to "make a point" by carrying openly.

Ok, there is a difference between making a point, and exercising a right. In the state of Wisconsin, right now, at this time, open carry is the only option available to a civilian for carrying a firearm in a legal manner. While I certainly have no doubt that some folks indeed wish to make a point and educate the public at large about firearms, this does not mean that everybody who carries has that intent in mind. It is nothing more than there are no other options available for a citizen to carry.

This to me is the equivalent of saying: The woman stepped out of her house and began to walk down the sidewalk to make a point that walking down the sidewalk is legal. Really? Wow.

M

McX

i was a little disappointed in the radio show; they keep trying to ram cc down the listeners throats. and the bit about oc being not accepted was like a little brain washer for those listening. good show, and put the topic in front of the public, but definitely not our show.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
they keep trying to ram cc down the listeners throats. and the bit about oc being not accepted was like a little brain washer for those listening. good show, and put the topic in front of the public, but definitely not our show

By "they" do you mean the hosts?

It is funny, even when you read the comments sections of oc-related articles in the journal sentinel you'll see so many comments "Wisconsin needs CC". While this is TRUE, the people making those comments seem to have a naive belief that CC will be the perfect solution and there will never be another story on the news of a law-abiding person gun-related incident. Thats naive.

I think the people clamoring for CC will, once they ACTUALLY begin to carry realize that CC is NOT always practical.

In addition, the SAME issues of "don't ask don't tell" mentality will rear themselves. Every so often a rare ninny in a store will see you bend over to pull a can of vegetables off the grocery store shelf and see you print in a t-shirt and call the police, or your jacket will flap open and every once in a while an uninformed ninny will see the firearm and decide to call police and ask "if thats legal".

People who think CC will resolve anyone ever having issue with you carrying are naive.

Getting gun possession by LAW abiding folks out in the open DOES solve the issue. Other states already realize this (because they've had CC for years, they know even with CC people's rights STILL get violated and on rare occasions which news media will run up the hysteria meter) there will still be MWAG calls.

A couple things to keep in mind and reminding people when you discuss OC, (call into talk shows, etc) and they suggest CC will be the answer to all issues... 42 states allow open-carry. 28 of those states allow open carry with NO permit. Hasn't Wisconsin been behind the times LONG enough? Given we are ALREADY behind the times we should NOT MOVE EVEN FURTHER behind the times by banning OC.

J.Gleason

Banned
By "they" do you mean the hosts?

It is funny, even when you read the comments sections of oc-related articles in the journal sentinel you'll see so many comments "Wisconsin needs CC". While this is TRUE, the people making those comments seem to have a naive belief that CC will be the perfect solution and there will never be another story on the news of a law-abiding person gun-related incident. Thats naive.

I think the people clamoring for CC will, once they ACTUALLY begin to carry realize that CC is NOT always practical.

In addition, the SAME issues of "don't ask don't tell" mentality will rear themselves. Every so often a rare ninny in a store will see you bend over to pull a can of vegetables off the grocery store shelf and see you print in a t-shirt and call the police, or your jacket will flap open and every once in a while an uninformed ninny will see the firearm and decide to call police and ask "if thats legal".

People who think CC will resolve anyone ever having issue with you carrying are naive.

Getting gun possession by LAW abiding folks out in the open DOES solve the issue. Other states already realize this (because they've had CC for years, they know even with CC people's rights STILL get violated and on rare occasions which news media will run up the hysteria meter) there will still be MWAG calls.

A couple things to keep in mind and reminding people when you discuss OC, (call into talk shows, etc) and they suggest CC will be the answer to all issues... 42 states allow open-carry. 28 of those states allow open carry with NO permit. Hasn't Wisconsin been behind the times LONG enough? Given we are ALREADY behind the times we should NOT MOVE EVEN FURTHER behind the times by banning OC.

+1000

jrm

I've got a couple questions and haven't seen JRM around the forum lately.

Been busy with fallout from GA's just-ended legislative session and the McDonald case (new lawsuit filed against GA to have ban on carrying in church ruled unconstitutional).

So, what are your questions?