• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

picking up my new hand gun after work

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
smith and wesson m&p 9mm compact with thumb safety

I bought an M&P40 last December and I have a suggestion for you to smooth out your trigger and lighten it a little at no cost and no disassembly.

Remove the magazine and make sure it is void of ammunition. Then check the gun and also make sure it is unloaded - do this again to absolutely be certain. Install the magazine, pull the slide back a little to set the trigger, then pull the trigger.. as in a dry fire. Now just start pulling (working) the trigger without dry firing. In other words, do not work the slide each time before pulling the trigger. Do this many, many times. I've done this to mine over 6000 times. You'll be surprised at the difference in you trigger.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
smith and wesson m&p 9mm compact with thumb safety

I bought an M&P40 last December and I have a suggestion for you to smooth out your trigger and lighten it a little at no cost and no disassembly.

Remove the magazine and make sure it is void of ammunition. Then check the gun and also make sure it is unloaded - do this again to absolutely be certain. Install the magazine, pull the slide back a little to set the trigger, then pull the trigger.. as in a dry fire. Now just start pulling (working) the trigger without dry firing. In other words, do not work the slide each time before pulling the trigger. Do this many, many times. I've done this to mine over 6000 times. You'll be surprised at the difference in you trigger.

Oh yes. From time to time, do dry fire it to test your progress.