Thread: A liberal's support of 2A

A liberal's support of 2A

Excellent article. Amongst all the chatter in the comments, looks like some good info there.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...cond-Amendment

I saw that the other day -- it IS a terrific article. If liberals would back off from their insistence on gun control they'd be miles ahead...

That was actually a great article. All liberals need to view things more like this guy. Although, the way he was writing, I tend to think he's more on the lines of a Constitutionalist. There are some points that I think EVERYONE, not just those of us on this forum or those that claim liberalism or whatever, but every American, could take from that article; some things I've even let slip from my mind at times. Anyway, this is more of tangent than I expected, but suffice it to say that it was a great article (I'm starting on the comments).

The article was published 2 years after the Heller decision, so it's surprising that Gray even bothers to debunk the "collective right" argument.

My left eyebrow raised when I read the ACLU references. I looked at the ACLU website once before Heller and the site advocated the "collective right" theory. I looked at the site once immediately after Heller and it opposed the SCOTUS Heller decision. This statement still appears today on the website, even after the SCOTUS McDonald decision:

http://www.aclu.org/2008/07/01/helle...cond-amendment

That article was the best thing I've read in a very long time.
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe