• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1000' School law

kwikrnu

Banned
I will be moving to Boise in a few days, and I just want to make sure I am totally clear in my understanding that loaded open carry without a permit is legal within 1000 feet of the school, just not on the school property itself?

From the other posters are saying there is no State law. I don't know if there is or isn't. There is a Federal Law which says you can't carry within 1000' unless you have a permit issued by that State. Has anyone ever been prosecuted under that law? I don't think so.
I think one exception may be to carry a handgun made in the State of Idaho which has not moved in interstate commerce. Tennessee has no school zone so I was thinking about buying a handgun made in TN. I think it may be a good defense just in case they start coming after people for violating the GFSZL.

Last edited:

ISRAEL

A mi me encanta hablar espanol. Y aunque ya no vivo en Idaho me gustaria volver un dia a visitar.

¡ Hola !, el español es un idioma muy expresivo, y me gusta saber cuando álguien lo habla cómo segundo idioma, lo felicito y siga hablándolo, yo lo hago todo el tiempo. Saludos.