• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suggestions on a Holster

N.Indiana

I have a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 and I am looking for a holster that goes inside the pants...Any suggestions on a website or style that works well.

FatGeek

I carry a fullsize .45 in a Crossbreed Supertuck (crossbreedholsters.com). It works well, I want to try the Kholster (kholster.com), it is $20 cheaper and looks like it is a little more sturdy. Both not only ride IWB but are tuckable. When tucked it depends on your build and clothing for the day as to how much it prints.

TOF

Galco "Summer Comfort" has worked well for me over the past 3 years. I wear it 16 hrs. a day. The same holster has served me well for M&P 9, 40 and 45's.

cbpeck

Tucker Gun Leather

If you're looking for a high quality IWB that you'll likely never replace look no further than Tucker Gun Leather. They'll make any of their holsters for just about any gun you can imagine.

Tucker's Texas Heritage and The Answer models are both excellent options to consider. I carry an XD Subcompact .40 in a rough-out Texas Heritage whenever I CC and I have several friends who carry guns in The Answer (1 guy carries an XD & the other a 1911).

In the Texas Heritage my gun rides securely and is always in the same place if/when I need to reach for it. The draw is stealthily silent & smooth, but there is still excellent retention for an open top, all leather IWB. Reholstering is a 2-handed operation, but I'm not LEO, so I don't worry about that too much.

The Answer is an equally impressive holster as well.

I spent a great deal of time trying to decide between the two, and even borrowed a friend's The Answer a while back for a comparison between it and my Texas Heritage. I've decided that its one of those "6 or 1/2 dozen" decisions where you can't go wrong either way. Some say it about LaRue, I say it about Tucker as well...

"If Tucker is an option, Tucker is the answer."

www.tuckergunleather.com

- Caleb