Thread: Open Carry Group in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Open Carry Group in Fort Wayne, Indiana

Is anyone interested in getting together once a month for breakfast? My thought is to organize a meeting where OC'ers in Fort Wayne might begin to get people used to seeing law abiding citizens carring their firearms in a public, non-threatening way.

Red face Great Idea

If I didn't live so far away, I would attend. I am about an hour and a half away. Great Idea though.

You might check out this lunch event scheduled at the Lone Star in Ft. Wayne on July 17th to meet some other local carriers and coordinate for future get togethers.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...ul_2010_a.html

July 17th

Thanks, I'll do that.

Sounds good, i'm up for it. I live in Huntington so its a easy drive. I'll try and make the 17th at Lone Star, i may have other commitments in Wabash, weather dependant.

Let me know about b-fast some day.

Formerly St. Louis, MI, now New Haven, Indiana, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post
    Sounds good, i'm up for it. I live in Huntington so its a easy drive. I'll try and make the 17th at Lone Star, i may have other commitments in Wabash, weather dependant.

Let me know about b-fast some day.
    Hogeater,

If you haven't already, could you post up over at http://ingunowners.com/forums/ingo_e...ul_2010_a.html.

That way it will be easier for me to keep track of who is coming.

Thanks,

Brian (aka The Spud)

I live in fort wayne and would love a open carry group here in my home town. Tho with the Progressive liberal mayor we have, and his lap dog Rusty York cheif of the FWPD, it will get dicy quickly. LOL It should be fun.

That is my only fear. I know the county cops, and they are cool with the oc thing, they know the law. From the FWPD officers i have talked to have no idea and will pull detain you on the spot.

I like the idea, and would join the group, but ill be scared out of my mind the whole time.

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    if anyone of you is still wanting to start a get-together in Fort Wayne, then send me an email.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

wont make the meet and greet for INGO on sat. We are going to the phunk and ink tattoo convention instead. It'll be in my boot tho!

Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hogeater f6 View Post
    wont make the meet and greet for INGO on sat. We are going to the phunk and ink tattoo convention instead. It'll be in my boot tho!
    Well I'll post the next meeting when I learn of it and you can plan on attending. Have fun at the convention!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

How did it go?
    We shoulda went to the meet & greet. Convention wasn't bad but not worth the money. Tried to find some piercing jewelry but they had none. Had my 380 in my boot and while eating my 40 on my hip. No problems at Sara's in Coventry but it was only visable while seated.

I'd be interested in joining you at your next event. Glad someone is helping to educate the public on this issue!

I live in Oxford, Ohio. About 15 or so miles from the Indiana bourder. I will be getting my CCP in about a month here. I know Indiana hornors the permit and from this thread I see it is legal to OC there. My questions are, 1: Can you carry loaded (some state are weird on this)? 2: Can you carry on your person when in a vehicle (once again some states are weird on this)?

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    I live in Oxford, Ohio. About 15 or so miles from the Indiana bourder. I will be getting my CCP in about a month here. I know Indiana hornors the permit and from this thread I see it is legal to OC there. My questions are, 1: Can you carry loaded (some state are weird on this)? 2: Can you carry on your person when in a vehicle (once again some states are weird on this)?

Thank You.
    Yes and Yes
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thank You.
    As long as you have a valid permit from any state or even a foreign country, you can carry open or concealed in IN.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Thank You.
    Once you start spending time here, you may not want to go back. I came from Ohio in 2007 Indiana is not weird about any gun laws anymore (except the $125 tax to get a carry license).
    Last edited by cce1302; 11-14-2011 at 04:59 PM.

I got mine for $75 or $100.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Is anyone interested in getting together once a month for breakfast? My thought is to organize a meeting where OC'ers in Fort Wayne might begin to get people used to seeing law abiding citizens carring their firearms in a public, non-threatening way.

if this form is still active, i am willing for something like that i have my handgun licenses for about 2 years now and i would like to talk to other people with it, because i cant do **** with my friends they rather buy guns of the street catch a case instead of applying for a gp and i dont want to be no were near around them and i also got a huge ammount of questions

Hello Fella's

Can someone please aducate Me on the laws of open carry in Indiana? I am from New Orleans where open carry is openly exersized lawfully. No permit required unless you concele, then only is a permit required

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dan View Post
    Can someone please aducate Me on the laws of open carry in Indiana? I am from New Orleans where open carry is openly exersized lawfully. No permit required unless you concele, then only is a permit required
    If you have a LTCH, you can open or conceal carry in all the same places.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Dan View Post
    Click the link in my signature.