• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Group in Fort Wayne, Indiana

johnsmith

Is anyone interested in getting together once a month for breakfast? My thought is to organize a meeting where OC'ers in Fort Wayne might begin to get people used to seeing law abiding citizens carring their firearms in a public, non-threatening way.

hogeaterf6

Sounds good, i'm up for it. I live in Huntington so its a easy drive. I'll try and make the 17th at Lone Star, i may have other commitments in Wabash, weather dependant.

Let me know about b-fast some day.

BGordon42

Formerly St. Louis, MI, now New Haven, Indiana, US

Mordis

I live in fort wayne and would love a open carry group here in my home town. Tho with the Progressive liberal mayor we have, and his lap dog Rusty York cheif of the FWPD, it will get dicy quickly. LOL It should be fun.

That is my only fear. I know the county cops, and they are cool with the oc thing, they know the law. From the FWPD officers i have talked to have no idea and will pull detain you on the spot.

I like the idea, and would join the group, but ill be scared out of my mind the whole time.

hogeaterf6

wont make the meet and greet for INGO on sat. We are going to the phunk and ink tattoo convention instead. It'll be in my boot tho!

hogeaterf6

How did it go?
We shoulda went to the meet & greet. Convention wasn't bad but not worth the money. Tried to find some piercing jewelry but they had none. :( Had my 380 in my boot and while eating my 40 on my hip. No problems at Sara's in Coventry but it was only visable while seated.

William Fisher

I live in Oxford, Ohio. About 15 or so miles from the Indiana bourder. I will be getting my CCP in about a month here. I know Indiana hornors the permit and from this thread I see it is legal to OC there. My questions are, 1: Can you carry loaded (some state are weird on this)? 2: Can you carry on your person when in a vehicle (once again some states are weird on this)?

Thank You.

protias

I live in Oxford, Ohio. About 15 or so miles from the Indiana bourder. I will be getting my CCP in about a month here. I know Indiana hornors the permit and from this thread I see it is legal to OC there. My questions are, 1: Can you carry loaded (some state are weird on this)? 2: Can you carry on your person when in a vehicle (once again some states are weird on this)?

Thank You.

Yes and Yes

xmanhockey7

Thank You.

As long as you have a valid permit from any state or even a foreign country, you can carry open or concealed in IN.

cce1302

Thank You.

Once you start spending time here, you may not want to go back. I came from Ohio in 2007 :D Indiana is not weird about any gun laws anymore (except the $125 tax to get a carry license).

Last edited:

yes

Is anyone interested in getting together once a month for breakfast? My thought is to organize a meeting where OC'ers in Fort Wayne might begin to get people used to seeing law abiding citizens carring their firearms in a public, non-threatening way.

if this form is still active, i am willing for something like that i have my handgun licenses for about 2 years now and i would like to talk to other people with it, because i cant do **** with my friends they rather buy guns of the street catch a case instead of applying for a gp and i dont want to be no were near around them and i also got a huge ammount of questions

Captain Dan

Hello Fella's

Can someone please aducate Me on the laws of open carry in Indiana? I am from New Orleans where open carry is openly exersized lawfully. No permit required unless you concele, then only is a permit required

protias

Can someone please aducate Me on the laws of open carry in Indiana? I am from New Orleans where open carry is openly exersized lawfully. No permit required unless you concele, then only is a permit required

If you have a LTCH, you can open or conceal carry in all the same places.