• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cell Phone Defeats Handgun

ElW75

There is lucky, and then there is this guy:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2010/070610attrobbpizzadelman.htm

Attempted Robbery of Pizza Delivery Man

Mount Vernon Police District – A delivery man drove to an apartment in the 8500 block of Richmond Highway to deliver a pizza on Monday, July 5 shortly after 10 p.m. He got no response at the door. As he exited the building’s foyer the victim heard a noise and saw a man approaching from behind. When the man pointed a gun at him, the victim put his cell phone to his ear and the suspect fled. The victim was not injured.

The suspect was described as black, 20 to 25 years old, approximately 6 feet tall and about 130 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Solvers by phone at 1-866-411-TIPS/8477, e-mail at www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org or text “TIP187” plus your message to CRIMES/274637 or call Fairfax County Police at 703-691-2131.

shulatt

Having been in the pizza business myself (for longer than I'd care to admit to) I'd say it's 'most' delivery businesses prohibit carry rather than 'many'. Being part of the management team of one of the bigger name pizza delivery chains, I'm stuck in the awkward situation of being strongly pro-2A yet having to tell my staff "the company doesn't allow carry of any weapon regardless of permits while on the clock or in uniform (blah blah blah)". I usually then mention I have several firearms and typically carry the majority of the time "but of course not here", and if they force me to 'officially' notice that they're carrying that I'll be forced to fire them and they'll have to find another job. (but finding a job is much easier than finding another life!).

Last edited: