• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"No Open Weapons Carry" Bike Time in Muskegon (??)

BlueStarDad

I was just looking at the website for Muskegon Bike Time 2010, and in capital letters it reads ATTENTION Participants...NO OPEN WEAPONS CARRY!

There is also a "Contact Us" tab for comments, has anyone contacted them regarding this? And aren't the streets of Muskegon "public property/public access"? Under state pre-emption, is this even enforceable?

I CC (I do have my CPL) when I go to Bike Time anyway, but for them to tell us that OC is just not allowed because they say so....now that irritates me!

Just wondering what other thoughts are on this.