• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Sardis lake next weekend

utbob2004

Hey everyone, I am going to sardis lake next weekend and have a handgun permit from Tennessee. I was wondering if it is legal to carry at the lake or not? thanks

sqrlh8r

Yes and No

http://www.mvk.usace.army.mil/lakes/index.php?p=rules#13

327.13 Explosives, Firearms, Other Weapons and Fireworks.

The possession of loaded firearms, ammunition, loaded projectile firing devices, bows and arrows, crossbows, explosives or explosive devices of any kind, including fireworks, is prohibited unless: (1) in the possession of a Federal, state or local law enforcement officer; (2) being used for hunting or fishing as permitted under Section 327.8, with devices being unloaded when transported to, from or between hunting and fishing sites; (3) being used at authorized shooting ranges; or (4) written permission has been received from the District Engineer.

The way I am reading this, it can't be loaded unless you are actually fishing.