• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer invol. shooting

JoeSparky

Centurion
Linked story is VERY short on details...

simply states an armed man was shot and killed by LEO after leaving a store!

If that is ALL there is to the story, the police will be paying a big fee to somebodies family!

Nevada carrier

I spoke with Antonio Planas on the phone, he informed me that a more detailed article will be forthcoming as facts become available, however he did indicate that suspect in question was behaving erratically, destroying merchandise in the store and when confronted by police, reached for a firearm that was tucked in his waistband.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Suicide by cop, possible.

Stupid move when under the gun, decidedly.

Illegal conduct reported in Costco, w/o a doubt.

28kfps

Apparently, there was some issue with the person. I am sure he was not a reader or poster on opencarry. Too bad, they had to take him out. No matter what his issue was, it was once again a big in the news awe $hit for the opencarry and pro-gun group.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Apparently, there was some issue with the person. I am sure he was not a reader or poster on opencarry. Too bad, they had to take him out. No matter what his issue was, it was once again a big in the news awe shi$t for the opencarry and pro-gun group.

Why?

28kfps

I assuming the question why, is to why I say it is an awe $hit for opencarry and pro-gunners. I say this because any time there is negative guns issue that makes the news it is used by the anti gunners who say, see guns are bad ignoring the idiot. In addition, it was done at a business one of many at a time we are trying to make a bigger opencary presents in hopes of making the public more comfortable seeing a holster gun.

one5oh2nv

http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/category.asp?C=28259&clipId=4935267&autostart=true

Still sketchy on details, something seems off though... I hope they didn't get a MWAG call and then just shoot the dude when he pulled up his shirt to show them he had a weapon...?!

According to the ch8 report tonight that is exactly what happened! Apparently his shirt came up and showed his weapon. someone called police showed up and he went to lift his shirt to show them he was armed and all 3 officers open fired!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The is no way I am going to so much as touch my gun, lift my shirt or make any other move that could be misunderstood when involved with police officers.

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Ronsmag

the cop clearly and plainly says that he DREW his gun, for whatever reason!
thats a shootable offense!

If you read the Sun article the comments after the article some are eye witnesses said he never drew his gun they also said one cop is yelling drop the gun if it was in his pants how do you drop it without going to it. I hope there is video from Costco of this so the real story comes out but I think Metro over reacted some said the guy didn't relize they were talking to him it will be interesting to see if we ever get the real story

irish

Most of what's been written here doesn't seem very plausible when you look at the man's history... Scott is said to have been a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, had a Master's degree from Duke University, and worked for a medical devices company.

KBCraig

the cop clearly and plainly says that he DREW his gun, for whatever reason!
thats a shootable offense!

Yes, the police are saying that. So far, every eye witness is saying he didn't.

Witnesses are also reporting the police telling him to drop his gun, but it wasn't in his hand. Sounds like he was shot for trying to follow their instructions.

West Point does not generally turn out crazy graduates, so until video evidence shows otherwise, I am going to assume the police created a dangerous situation and then acted dangerously.

Sabotage70

I was at that Costco about an hour or two before this happened. I have OC'ed in there a few times before, without any issues. I had to pick up supplies for my wife grandparents 60th anniversary or there was a pretty good chance I would have OC'ed that day. But instead I choose to CC just so nothing would happen and ruin there party.

Just watched the channel 8 piece. Saying that you HAVE to HAVE your blue card on you .:banghead: