• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something Wicked This Way Comes.... oh yes... yes it does (my new pistol)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
What are those three extra holes in the "cylinder" for? Looks like the one up top is for a huge extractor, the others...?

I can only assume... I'm still trying to find out more details on the weapon. I would guess some sort of "loaded" indicator??

WinchesterModel12

:shocker:

Seventy bucks for 20 rounds??!? At that price they better gut your kill and wipe yer arse too! What are those, some kind of critter-seeking teflonhollowpointexplosive uberbullet??

here is some ammo that costs more, although not made to shoot through the one m1 is getting.
these(the 540gr) are made to shoot through 55" of pressed newspaper or end-end of a buffalo. very little expanding and near 100% retention.
http://www.garrettcartridges.com/products.asp

Hammer

now I need to find a hip or thigh holster for it.

you might want to pick up a new double-thick belt to go with that......
I have a 45-70 rifle, and no desire to have a pistol in the caliber, tho the BFR is at least more "wearable" if that's a word.
But I'll give ya this, it would get most anyone's attention! :)

Metalhead47

I can only assume... I'm still trying to find out more details on the weapon. I would guess some sort of "loaded" indicator??

C'mon man, you just got a new gun. Even if you havn't actually laid hands on it, you're automatically supposed to know absolutely everything about it up to & including the alloy numbers used in the making. :p

here is some ammo that costs more, although not made to shoot through the one m1 is getting.
these(the 540gr) are made to shoot through 55" of pressed newspaper or end-end of a buffalo. very little expanding and near 100% retention.
http://www.garrettcartridges.com/products.asp

Now THAT I've got to see. Hey M1G, I'll supply the phone books if you supply the uberbullets :banana:

or the buffalo

WinchesterModel12

C'mon man, you just got a new gun. Even if you havn't actually laid hands on it, you're automatically supposed to know absolutely everything about it up to & including the alloy numbers used in the making. :p

Now THAT I've got to see. Hey M1G, I'll supply the phone books if you supply the uberbullets :banana:

or the buffalo

i have some of the 530gr rds(not an option from them anymore).............haven't tried the paper test or the buffalo but it cuts right through elk. one of these days i'll get a second elk tag and attempt a 2 for 1 shot.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I own 2 H&R Rifles chambered in 45/70 and with the new model I shoot some 530gr HOT loads. These loads out of my Uncle's 45/70 Browning HiWall make you cringe when you pull the trigger.

I still want a lever action Marlin Guide Gun in stainless and as soon as I can find a Alaskan American Derringer in 45/70 my quest for 45/70's just might be complete.

Last edited:

Batousaii

hehe - You got it !

Looks like you couldnt resist eh? Remember you mentioned it a couple times at the show, i am glad to see you broke down and got it rather than it being "the one that got away".
- Congratzz
=D

It was good to see you guys at the show. I did not know Jim was an artist, i was very impressed with the paintings!

See ya next time.

Bat

SlackwareRobert

Now that is one nice compensation piece. Is it 12 + 1 for loaded carry?
Can you get a speed loader, or are you going to only carry one spare drum?

The trial testimony of the cop explaining you were printing should be so funny,
even the brady's would be laughing in court.

Looking forward to seeing it at a 2A rally on the mall someday. Sadly the next president
will have a strange stain on the oval office rug to deal with when BHO sees it.

Metalhead47

I thought the stains were on the intern's dress...

That's an awesome piece BTW, I'd love to check it out sometime.

Hey ol' Bill was a stud, man. You know there's stains all over the floor, the desk, the walls, the ceiling. Go in there with a blacklight and it must look like some bizzare monochromatic psychedelic art.