• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something Wicked This Way Comes.... oh yes... yes it does (my new pistol)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
12 rounds of 45-70 in under 3 seconds. Street Sweeper LHC 45/70 pistol..... When you absolutely positively have to kill every elephant in the room, accept no substitutes.

I pick it up on the 15th, it's classified as a pistol, now I need to find a hip or thigh holster for it.
45-70-streetsweeper05.jpg

45-70-streetsweeper04.jpg

45-70-streetsweeper02.jpg

45-70-streetsweeper01.jpg

USMC1911

Now that will go unnoticed while OC'ing (J/K). What is 45/70 going for a box nowa days ? Do you brace yourself up to a tree when you fire that thang ? Seriously, I want one !

Bill Starks

State Researcher
In answer to all the questions.... I don't pick it up till July 15th. I have no idea the recoil but the thing is heavy so I don't really expect much more that a 44 magnum. I will post a video of me shooting it as soon as I can.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Where did you find that thing? Some kind of custom job? 45-70 seems like a pretty oddball cartridge for, well, that. Aren't they 12ga?

I found it at the Puyallup gun show. Its not custom, it was built in the 80's and classified as a pistol and made by Cobray. They called it a "Ladies Home Companion." Because the shell is under 1/2 inch in diameter it got classified as a pistol instead of an AOW or destructive device (ie; no paperwork needed). They made them for 45/70 and another model that shot .45LC/.410 shotshell. The daddy of them all was a 12ga version.

the 12ga version can been seen shooting here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt3z73uD5DM&feature=related

Metalhead47

I found it at the Puyallup gun show. Its not custom, it was built in the 80's and classified as a pistol and made by Cobray. They called it a "Ladies Home Companion." Because the shell is under 1/2 inch in diameter it got classified as a pistol instead of an AOW or destructive device (ie; no paperwork needed). They made them for 45/70 and another model that shot .45LC/.410 shotshell. The daddy of them all was a 12ga version.

the 12ga version can been seen shooting here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt3z73uD5DM&feature=related

Interesting... better start getting your reload on now :cool: