• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stephen Colbert Offers Handguns to Guests

Bill Starks

State Researcher
http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/423132_tvgif9.html?source=rss

<snip>
Second Amendment rights? Handguns for the people? For Stephen Colbert's guests, sure.
On Thursday's The Colbert Report, the funnyman handed out handguns to his guests during a discussion about the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Chicago's handgun ban.
"You know what? I'm a terrible host. Would you like a gun?" Colbert asked Ilya Shapiro of the Cato Institute — which filed a brief on behalf of gun owners in the Chicago case — before pulling out a gun.
"Doesn't that make you feel comfortable?" Colbert asked.
Watch clips from The Colbert Report
"It does. Not that I feel that threatened by you, Stephen," Shapiro quipped.
Who should feel threatened, Colbert said, was his other guest, Jackie Hilly, the executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence.
"Would you like a gun, too?" he pressed.
"No, thanks. I'm fine without one," Hilly said. "I'm actually very safe without one."

Brimstone Baritone

"No personal rocket launchers." :D

That's gun regulation I think we can agree with. It's kinda sad that even the guest that was on our side was kind of a flake. But hey, he's a lawyer, right? ;)

simmonsjoe

Who's to say what's insane

"I'm on Xanax because I'm anxious your gonna take away my gun." :lol:

TO VIOLENCE POLICY CENTER BITCH 'JACKIE'
"I'll tell you who should feel threatened, you should..."

"Would you like a gun? you might need one."

did anyone realize the whole reason Colbert gave everyone a gun was to subliminaly illustrate the problem in America of how easy it is for anyone and everyone obtain a firearm?

:eek: Of course forum members let that one fly completely over their heads and criticize that "bitch" for not wanting a handgun. Please, anyone that could not pick up on the satirical pretenses behind that Colbert stunt does not possess the IQ to be toting a firearm around.

Last edited:

xd40compact

did anyone realize the whole reason Colbert gave everyone a gun was to subliminaly illustrate the problem in America of how easy it is for anyone and everyone obtain a firearm?

:eek: Of course forum members let that one fly completely over their heads and criticize that "bitch" for not wanting a handgun.

I don't think they realize that Stephen Colbert is a "character" mocking the right.

I mean with most of these members having the proverbial "heads up their asses" syndrome, do you really expect them to see anything except black and white? The idea of a good joke to these people is toting firearms to dinners and cracking the most lame jokes about their guns while giving honest business owners gripe about their second Amendment and stomping their feet about how they are all butthurt that guns aren't allowed on airplanes. Miserable :banghead:

Last edited:

kootsoup

First off.. both of you Trolls are idiots..

Second, of course we understand that he is mocking the "right".

Third, go troll somewhere else.

Forth, you need to listen to opposite opinions in order to make an education decision.

Last edited:
First off.. both of you Trolls are idiots..

Second, of course we understand that he is mocking the "right".

Third, go troll somewhere else.

Forth, you need to listen to opposite opinions in order to make an education decision.

An education decision? Like where I might go to grad school? Or an educated decision, as in a decision you were never taught how to make?

And I do listen to differing viewpoints, thats how I am able to make educated decisions. Do you really believe I am as uneducated as you are, soaking up the extreme right viewpoint and interpreting it as the law of the land? When you can form coherent sentences, then, and only then, will I entertain your sophomoric name calling. Calling me a "troll" simply does nothing but reinforce your inability to digest and formulate a tactful response to my assertions. It is almost as if my different viewpoint brands me a "troll". Ever heard of freedom of speech, its the Amendment before the one that you have let shape your life. If anything, you should praise me exercising the First Amendment, because a right not exercised is a right lost! I feel like branding people as trolls and disregarding intelligent input because of differing viewpoints is a somewhat communist, narrow-minded train of thought. Care to rebut? And please, reply in an adult manner not riddled with spelling errors and name calling.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

An education decision? Like where I might go to grad school? Or an educated decision, as in a decision you were never taught how to make?

And I do listen to differing viewpoints, thats how I am able to make educated decisions. Do you really believe I am as uneducated as you are, soaking up the extreme right viewpoint and interpreting it as the law of the land? When you can form coherent sentences, then, and only then, will I entertain your sophomoric name calling. Calling me a "troll" simply does nothing but reinforce your inability to digest and formulate a tactful response to my assertions. It is almost as if my different viewpoint brands me a "troll". Ever heard of freedom of speech, its the Amendment before the one that you have let shape your life. If anything, you should praise me exercising the First Amendment, because a right not exercised is a right lost! I feel like branding people as trolls and disregarding intelligent input because of differing viewpoints is a somewhat communist, narrow-minded train of thought. Care to rebut? And please, reply in an adult manner not riddled with spelling errors and name calling.

He who has the elitist desire to elevate himself above others always resorts to insults and ridicule. Typical Leftist Saul Alinsky tactics.

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

Tactics:

Rule #5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

Just another Leftist

FAIL

eye95

He who has the elitist desire to elevate himself above others always resorts to insults and ridicule. Typical Leftist Saul Alinsky tactics.

http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

Tactics:

Rule #5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

Just another Leftist

FAIL

This new board has a feature that the old one did not: Ignore.

We had two pretty vocal trolls just before the transition. They have since disappeared. I suspect it is because we can now hit the "Ignore" button on trolls, so they cannot succeed in their attempts to disrupt the goings-on.

B

Bikenut

This new board has a feature that the old one did not: Ignore.

We had two pretty vocal trolls just before the transition. They have since disappeared. I suspect it is because we can now hit the "Ignore" button on trolls, so they cannot succeed in their attempts to disrupt the goings-on.

I am aware of the "ignore" feature. But, while that feature tends to cut down on my personal annoyance level, it does nothing to counter the Leftist drivel that other folks.. who may be new to this whole concept of having "rights"... will be reading. The battle isn't for the Leftist to convert those who already understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.... the battle is for the mind of the person who doesn't understand just yet. That is the mind the Leftist hopes to reach by ridiculing those of us who do understand.

And, in my opinion, it is imperative, that "we the people" counter the propaganda lies spewed by "them the Leftist elitists" on every front at every opportunity. Because if we don't offer the truth to expose the lies.... the lies win.

Last edited by a moderator:

eye95

I am aware of the "ignore" feature. But, while that feature tends to cut down on my personal annoyance level, it does nothing to counter the Leftist drivel that other folks.. who may be new to this whole concept of having "rights"... will be reading. The battle isn't for the Leftist to convert those who already understand the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.... the battle is for the mind of the person who doesn't understand just yet. That is the mind the Leftist hopes to reach by ridiculing those of us who do understand.

And, in my opinion, it is imperative, that "we the people" counter the propaganda lies spewed by "them the Leftist elitists" on every front at every opportunity. Because if we don't offer the truth to expose the lies.... the lies win.

I hear ya. I replied to it once. It immediately established that it was not interested in an honest exchange of ideas. To me, it wasn't worth another reply. Feel free to deal with it how you decide is best. I strongly believe in Liberty.

simmonsjoe

Observation fail.

I don't think they realize that Stephen Colbert is a "character" mocking the right.
I wondered about this at first. Then I watched it, 3 times.

You need to watch a little closer. Colbert repeatedly interrupted Jackie. throughout the bit.
Even more telling is the handshaking at the end. Colbert and the lawyer shook hands and warmly. Colbert turned around to Jackie and they were leaning away from each other. It was very obvious they didn't want to touch one another.

Lethal Overdose

I was not very amused with that video clip. He sounds like a big flaming anti to me.

I like how that feminist said she would never carry a gun for any reason. I just hope she never has to regret living by that statement. Just because she is terrified of an inanimate object doesn't mean everyone else is.

I don't understand anti's.

Brimstone Baritone

I don't know if he's an anti but he probably is. I was horrified by his lack of muzzle control and the fact that his finger was resting on the trigger the whole time. He was the epitome of a careless gun owner, and the audience just ate it up.