• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in two new towns in one day!

bennie1986

Today my wife, son, and I wanted to spend some time outdoors enjoying the beautiful weather. We decided that the best way to do that and beat the heat was a day at the lake. We don't have a favorite lake so we just packed the car and left for the closest one which for us was Fish Lake near Cheney, WA. It was far more populated than I had expected. Upon our arrival I checked all the signs to see if there were any restrictions on firearms, there were not. Surprisingly I didn't draw as much attention as I expected (not my goal) but there still were some curious looks. We took my son fishing for the first time but the beach was a little too crowded for our liking so we decided to pack up and do the swimming portion for our trip at Medical Lake in Medical Lake, WA. Upon our arrival at Medical Lake I again reviewed the signs to see out if I could find any restrictions, again I found nothing.
I already know what you are thinking, it doesn't matter what the signs say because of state preemption. Trust me I know all about preemption as that's one of the reasons my ticket for OC at Manito Park in Spokane, WA was dropped, some of you may be familiar with this incident. My goal in reading the signs was just to educate myself as much a possible incase of an unfriendly encounter with an LEO.
We were able to enjoy our time at both lakes in two new towns without incident. The only notable encounter was a group of four gentlemen in their late 20's to early 30's who walked past me at Medical Lake. One of the gentlemen noticed my side arm as he passed and said something to his buddy like dude look did you see that and his friend said yea so he's ok. I thought that was very cool.

o2ryan

Thanks for sharing bennie. I am curious though, what if you did find something posted at one of those locations? Would it have made you think twice about staying? You know the law and you know your rights, plus you have the added confidence of that being confirmed by your personal experience. I am glad you had an uneventful day and I look forward to hearing your Manito story at the picnic.

Last edited:

bennie1986

Thanks for sharing bennie. I am curious though, what if you did find something posted at one of those locations? Would it have made you think twice about staying? You know the law and you know your rights, plus you have the added confidence of that being confirmed by your personal experience. I am glad you had an uneventful day and I look forward to hearing your Manito story at the picnic.

I would have stayed! I just wanted to know if I could expect an issue.