• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHP Wait Time Cabarrus County?

schj98

I open carry all the time in North Carolina (and will continue to do so) but I travel a lot to South Carolina which as everyone knows does not allow open carry :banghead:

So this weekend I took the NC concealed carry class so I can carry in SC LOL.

Anyway now I am going to the Cabarrus County Sheriff’s office on Monday to submit everything anyone have any recent info on the wait time in that county?

I know this is not really what the forum is about but I am sure some of you have gotten the permit for the same reason as me.

Thanks!

TheFreeman

When I got my permit a couple years ago, it took me about 60 days if I remember correctly. However, I believe now the Sheriffs office has started the appointment deal like Meck county has, which might push your permitting time further out.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

schj98

Sorry I can see how my response was confusing.

I called for an appointment on Monday and the first available was today a 9am.

I'll post once it comes in.

Thanks again.

eveningstorm

I'm a former Cabarrus SWAT officer and I also have a CCW here in the county. Once you turn in all of your paperwork and it is sent in by the records division, it will take approximately 30 days for them to call you and tell you to come pick up your permit. Now, if you are rejected for whatever reason, you will probably hear that much sooner.

Last edited:

schj98

I'm a former Cabarrus SWAT officer and I also have a CCW here in the county. Once you turn in all of your paperwork and it is sent in by the records division, it will take approximately 30 days for them to call you and tell you to come pick up your permit. Now, if you are rejected for whatever reason, you will probably hear that much sooner.

Ah thanks for the info! It will be a long 30 days lol.

schj98

Well the permit finally came.

36 days not to bad.

Now I can carry in SC!

Hopefully they will change the law one day to allow open carry in SC.