• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC incident in OOB

jay75009

Today around 3pm i was opencarrying near the strip to my ex girlfriends house. i had just gotten out of my vehicle and holstered my weapon *glock 19*. i was walking through the parking lot when a oob squadcar pulled up *almost hitting me* an officer exited the vehicle and drew his weapon ordering me to place my heads in the air. I asked him what the problem was and he then screamed at me * put your F-ing hands up or ill shoot you* ....not wanting to be shot i followed his directions. 2 more officers showed up. i stood there with my hands high untill one came and attempted to remove my weapon *was holstered in a strong brand speedlock holster* he had trouble un-holstering the weapon, but finnaly did it. i was then cuffed , and placed in the back of a squad car while they ran my serial number and checked my ID which they had removed from my person without my consent but lots of objections.

was questioned on why, how, how long, did i have a ccw, if the gun was loaded *even though they already cleared my chamber round*.

after a sergant showed up and gave them correct information on the laws concering OC i was uncuffed and questioned by 2 bike officers. the sergant told me the seasonal officers are mostly out-of-state and dont realize its legal EVENTUALLY i was given my weapon back. and forced to chamber a round and load said weapon in public with about 40 people staring at me. *could have gotten me a brandishing charge btw*. I will be going down to OOB pd to file a complaint in the morning.

so beware to any OOB oc'ers * i know ya do it all the time shane :p*........the seasonal officers they hire for the summer are usually very rookie and dont know the laws so.......ya may get stopped unless they have a pow-wow tonight to inform everyone.

boyscout399

something makes me doubt this really happened... my worst experiences in oob weren't this bad and lately they have been leaving us alone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Today around 3pm i was opencarrying near the strip to my ex girlfriends house. i had just gotten out of my vehicle and holstered my weapon *glock 19*. i was walking through the parking lot when a oob squadcar pulled up *almost hitting me* an officer exited the vehicle and drew his weapon ordering me to place my heads in the air. I asked him what the problem was and he then screamed at me * put your F-ing hands up or ill shoot you* ....not wanting to be shot i followed his directions. 2 more officers showed up. i stood there with my hands high untill one came and attempted to remove my weapon *was holstered in a strong brand speedlock holster* he had trouble un-holstering the weapon, but finnaly did it. i was then cuffed , and placed in the back of a squad car while they ran my serial number and checked my ID which they had removed from my person without my consent but lots of objections.

was questioned on why, how, how long, did i have a ccw, if the gun was loaded *even though they already cleared my chamber round*.

after a sergant showed up and gave them correct information on the laws concering OC i was uncuffed and questioned by 2 bike officers. the sergant told me the seasonal officers are mostly out-of-state and dont realize its legal EVENTUALLY i was given my weapon back. and forced to chamber a round and load said weapon in public with about 40 people staring at me. *could have gotten me a brandishing charge btw*. I will be going down to OOB pd to file a complaint in the morning.

so beware to any OOB oc'ers * i know ya do it all the time shane :p*........the seasonal officers they hire for the summer are usually very rookie and dont know the laws so.......ya may get stopped unless they have a pow-wow tonight to inform everyone.

You of course have a digital recording of this, the officers names and are going to FOIA request all electronic data, field notes and reports + lawyer up - right?

Oh, and no they could not have gotten you for brandishing either.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate

Considering that I talked to the assistant chief personally on the other phone just friday and he told me that if I get ANY negative reaction to OC in OOB to call him DIRECTLY so that he can take care of it I HIGHLY doubt this happened. Voice recording and FOIA... give me proof this happened and we'll see what we can do. P.S. filing a FOIA request is not hard...

Hendu024

Another awesome story..

Sounds about as much BS as this one that Jay posted on a different website..

My funniest life experience:
h mm well i work private security. so one day i was transporting weapons from one jobsite to another in the trunk of my vehicle. I got pulled over for a out-tailight in scarborough maine. When the officer approached the vehicle he asked for the normal license reg, insurance ect. after he came back he asked if i had any "weapons or drugs" in the vehicle. i replied "yes officer there are quite a few weapons in the trunk, i work for so and so and im transporing them to a jobsite" he said okay and asked me to get out of the vehicle and open the trunk. i think he was assuming there would be a few pistols and shotguns. however un-known to him there were 25 automatic assault rifles, 18 shotguns, 9 high powered target rifles and over 55 handguns. appon opening the trunk the officer stepped back, his jaw dropped and he said "jesus christ! i would have rahter you told me you had no weapons!" then proceeded to run to his squad car, get in and peel out driving away as fast as he humanly could.......i stood on the side of the road with a trunk full-o-guns laughing hysterically at the fact that a sworn law enforcement officer just ran away from a traffic stop haha

Hendu024

And since when do our small Maine towns start hiring "out-of-state" officers in the summer? Never heard of it myself, and my father was a police officer in multiple towns in Central Maine for over 20 years.. He never mentioned anything like that before..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

h mm well i work private security. so one day i was transporting weapons from one jobsite to another in the trunk of my vehicle. I got pulled over for a out-tailight in scarborough maine. When the officer approached the vehicle he asked for the normal license reg, insurance ect. after he came back he asked if i had any "weapons or drugs" in the vehicle. i replied "yes officer there are quite a few weapons in the trunk, i work for so and so and im transporing them to a jobsite" he said okay and asked me to get out of the vehicle and open the trunk. i think he was assuming there would be a few pistols and shotguns. however un-known to him there were 25 automatic assault rifles, 18 shotguns, 9 high powered target rifles and over 55 handguns. appon opening the trunk the officer stepped back, his jaw dropped and he said "jesus christ! i would have rahter you told me you had no weapons!" then proceeded to run to his squad car, get in and peel out driving away as fast as he humanly could.......i stood on the side of the road with a trunk full-o-guns laughing hysterically at the fact that a sworn law enforcement officer just ran away from a traffic stop haha

Why would you have trouble believing that? :lol: :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Why would you have trouble believing that? :lol: :lol:

There are more stories in that book and others on the shelf than you could read in two summers.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
And since when do our small Maine towns start hiring "out-of-state" officers in the summer? Never heard of it myself, and my father was a police officer in multiple towns in Central Maine for over 20 years.. He never mentioned anything like that before..
Well, this part is true because when I was talking to the OOB PD they asked me if the officer I was talking about was one of their regular guys or if he was... I forget exactly what they said but it was federal something... And like I said Jay, just give me the FOIA and I'll do everything I can to make what happened to you change. FOIA takes about 5 minutes to fill out and send.