• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pink Jeep Tours/Tachatticup Mine Tour, OC friendly

Nevada carrier

So my girlfriend won a Pink Jeep Tour for 2 for being caller number whatever on a radio contest. We decided to go to El Dorado Canyon and tour a gold mine. The Tour Guide was totally cool with me carrying my firearm, and so was Tachatticup Mine tour guide.

If anyone wants a little local adventure it's only about a 40 minute drive to get to the mine, Just head down US95, take the Laughlin turnoff and about halfway through the dry lake bed, take the Nelson Turnoff to the left. The Pink Jeep tour costs $109 / person which is fine, but it's not that far to drive and you can save a little money buy just driving to the mine and paying for the mine tour alone. If you're thinking, but it's too damn hot right now to do something like this, the mine was very cool, about 65 degrees so even though it's hot outside, it's a very "cool" getaway. My girlfriend and I had a great time. Was nice to get out of the city.

pinkjeepoc.jpg
tachatticupmine.jpg

tachatticupmine2.jpg

Vegassteve

What do you get along on the ride? A history lesson? I was thinking this would be great for out of town family. If nothing real special on the ride then we would drive them

And I am going to drop a thank you note to them for understanding our rights.

Nevada carrier

You get a very friendly Guide/Driver to operate the "Pink Jeep." The one I had was extremely informed about our desert habitat, wildlife and vegetation. we stopped a few times and she showed us a ton of great things I never knew. On the shorter tours like the one we did, they give you all the bottled watter you can drink, but for some of the longer tours, they have DVD movies for the kids, some include meals because of the length of the trip, ours did not.

For this tour, I recommend just driving down to the mine and getting the tour from them. we took the Pink Jeep because it was free except for the tip at the end as it was a prize, but it's not bad for out-of-towner's with no car of there own to get them to an from the tour destination.

Nevada carrier

It's a SERPA holster with a Taurus PT 24/7 .40 I didn't go down there with the intent to flaunt my firearm, I went down there to have a good time and get out of the city for a few hours, the photos were meant to remember the people in them not what was hanging off their belt.

carracer

It's a SERPA holster with a Taurus PT 24/7 .40 I didn't go down there with the intent to flaunt my firearm, I went down there to have a good time and get out of the city for a few hours, the photos were meant to remember the people in them not what was hanging off their belt.

No flaunting noticed. Looks like the Serpa tucks in really nice. Mine feels like it kinda hangs out a ways but my 1911 probably weighs twice what your Taurus weighs.

Next time down will take the "Jeep " Ride!