• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dicks Manassas/Fair Lakes

I OCed a few times last fall at the Dicks at Fair Lakes, while helping a friend shop for a new home-defense shotgun. I had no issues at all, and was even handling several shotguns in the process. One of the clerks complimented my Para, and said he'd never seen a tan Serpa...

But nobody complained, nobody asked me to "check it in" and no managers approached me. We had a pleasant experience all around, and they were very helpful, knowledgeable and polite.

It's probably cause you're so damn cute

Don Barnett

Woodbridge Store Near Potomac Mills???

I've never seen such a sign at the Dicks near Potomac Mills; I was in there last week looking for .17 cal pellets.

Perhaps they just put one up too.

Fenris

If a store sign says "No Guns" and you proceed to OC or CC anyway, you are in violation if the law.

If the store sign says "If you have a gun you must yodel the entire time you are in our store" would you be in violation of the law?

Basically does carry a gun give a store the right to require any damn thing they want, not just under penalty of being asked to leave but with the threat of a firearms violation for not yodeling?

If a store sign says "No Guns" and you proceed to OC or CC anyway, you are in violation if the law.

If the store sign says "If you have a gun you must yodel the entire time you are in our store" would you be in violation of the law?

Basically does carry a gun give a store the right to require any damn thing they want, not just under penalty of being asked to leave but with the threat of a firearms violation for not yodeling?

yodel-ayyy-hee-hooo

xd40compact

You're thinking about this way too hard. They wouldn't do that. The sign would just say "No guns"

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Is this a racist statement?

No, we just get so few Ugandans on the Virginia site. They mostly hang around Maryland.
It's interesting you ask that though. Many of the famous Cannibals were white. The Donner Party and one of my favorites, Liver Eatin Johnson AKA Jeremiah Johnson (Real Name John Johnson)

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hang around? Racist statement?

It's interesting you mention that also.
Did you know the term lynching is Virginia based.
It refers to a self appointed Magistrate in the late 1700's named Charles Lynch.

He was a believer in hanging people.
He may have even hung a few trolls.

It's interesting you mention that also.
Did you know the term lynching is Virginia based.
It refers to a self appointed Magistrate in the late 1700's named Charles Lynch.

He was a believer in hanging people.
He may have even hung a few trolls.

Back on topic children. I understand and am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment but why so much resistance to a store owner that doesn't want loaded guns on the premesis? He is already doing a service by providing ammunitiion for gun owners such as ourselves, so why test him? I completely understand this owner's position of minimizing risk as much as possible as does any individual concerned with self preservation. Why argue and look so far in depth into the matter and just leave your handgun in the car for the ten minutes you are in the store?

stay pregnant.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Back on topic children. I understand and am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment but why so much resistance to a store owner that doesn't want loaded guns on the premesis? He is already doing a service by providing ammunitiion for gun owners such as ourselves, so why test him? I completely understand this owner's position of minimizing risk as much as possible as does any individual concerned with self preservation. Why argue and look so far in depth into the matter and just leave your handgun in the car for the ten minutes you are in the store?

stay pregnant.

I think that's a well thought out position. Perhaps not popular or correct, but certainly plausible.

BTW, what does "BrOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo" Mean? Was your keyboard stuck?

Last edited:
And why boycott American business if the owner doesn't want guns in his store. He may be an avid gun enthsiast but realizes the risk factor when firearms are present, regardless of situtation. It seems somewhat narrow-minded to spite a business out of protecting itself, as if your boycotting of business alone is going to some how hurt Dick's overall earnings.

Stay pregnant.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And why boycott American business if the owner doesn't want guns in his store. He may be an avid gun enthsiast but realizes the risk factor when firearms are present, regardless of situtation. It seems somewhat narrow-minded to spite a business out of protecting itself, as if your boycotting of business alone is going to some how hurt Dick's overall earnings.

Stay pregnant.

I think that's a well thought out position. Perhaps not popular or correct, but certainly plausible.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

big-cheesy-grin.jpg