• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First encounter while OC

jimd_21

Well today was the day. a little background, i have only been OCing for about a year. Have not had one issue till today. I have been in just about every store in blackfoot. ie Walmart, Ridley's, every resturant and gas station. Decided to go to Pocatello today and shop at Cost-Co....Now this is about the 4th time for me OCing in Cost-Co. We were in their for about an hour and almost done when the manager came up from behind and started asked how are shopping is going, and asked if we found everything ok. Then he started into the spill about how they don't allow guns in their store for the safety of the members. And he brought up the private property jab. He was nice and courteous and said he know's its everyone's right, but its store policy and said he was fond of guns to. Well being that i asked if we could go ahead and pay since we were about done, instead of me taking the gun to the car. He said it was ok. Well i am still debating on whether or not renew my membership. I have my CWP and could cover next time but its the fact that they are anti.

So today I learned Cost-Co is no OC...and may not get anymore of my business.

ecocks

I would not.

In fact, I would have asked for my membership money back right there and left the goods I had gathered in the cart.

Vandal

I just conceal when I go to Costco. They can ban guns by their own prerogative, if they can see them. If I go to a place that is publicly accessed and they have a no guns policy I cover up and smile.