Thread: Oakland Press Article

Oakland Press Article

I have to give props to Stainless1911 and Army74 for bringing this article to light in another forum.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...3445471732.txt

Really an awesome article IMHO!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    Thanks. And yes, it was a great article. OC making a front page mention of OC in the Sunday Oakland Press is no joke. This really really helps our position.

agreed, and it wasn't biased one way or the other, in fact it was quite pro-gun IMO. good fair reporting! finally!
    shaun

OP article

IM up north in hillman mi and i got my name in paper again lol. It was a good article finally they did something good. TY for your kind words. This is the 2nd article they have done on OC and probally wont be the last.
    Last edited by army74; 07-12-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Good article.

One thing that has finally come clear to me is that I'm completely sick of hearing about Open Carry being compared to the "wild west".

I bet every one of these people that makes said comparison think that they are both "original" and "deep". Like they were the first one to draw a connection and that that the image carried in the minds of the populace concerning the "wild west" is based in at least as much fact as fiction. (which it's not)

Irritating.

Banned
    expert I agree but the liberals get it from somewhere
    OH
    perhaps it is the name of a gun school for oakland county
    wild west academy
    ran by the dumbest person to instruct a class!

Banned
    Its not that deep. WWA is a CC class, not an OC class.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 07-13-2010 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    Good article.

One thing that has finally come clear to me is that I'm completely sick of hearing about Open Carry being compared to the "wild west".

I bet every one of these people that makes said comparison think that they are both "original" and "deep". Like they were the first one to draw a connection and that that the image carried in the minds of the populace concerning the "wild west" is based in at least as much fact as fiction. (which it's not)

Irritating.
    Thinking that by "Wild West" people are referring to indiscriminate shootings and large numbers of people killed by gunfire, the "Wild West" could easily be applied to places where people are barred from being able to adequately defend themselves... like Chicago and Washington D.C. (BTW, the "Wild West" was much safer than the cities listed here)
    So, what we are really trying to do is remove the modern-day "Wild West" from society.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 07-14-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    Picked up the article on Sunday, very nice exposure! Wish there was a little more info on OC but you can't beat the front page!