• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oakland Press Article

army74

OP article

IM up north in hillman mi and i got my name in paper again lol. It was a good article finally they did something good. TY for your kind words. This is the 2nd article they have done on OC and probally wont be the last.

Last edited:

The Expert

Good article.

One thing that has finally come clear to me is that I'm completely sick of hearing about Open Carry being compared to the "wild west".

I bet every one of these people that makes said comparison think that they are both "original" and "deep". Like they were the first one to draw a connection and that that the image carried in the minds of the populace concerning the "wild west" is based in at least as much fact as fiction. (which it's not)

Irritating.

Beerme

Banned
expert I agree but the liberals get it from somewhere
OH
perhaps it is the name of a gun school for oakland county
wild west academy
ran by the dumbest person to instruct a class!

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Good article.

One thing that has finally come clear to me is that I'm completely sick of hearing about Open Carry being compared to the "wild west".

I bet every one of these people that makes said comparison think that they are both "original" and "deep". Like they were the first one to draw a connection and that that the image carried in the minds of the populace concerning the "wild west" is based in at least as much fact as fiction. (which it's not)

Irritating.

Thinking that by "Wild West" people are referring to indiscriminate shootings and large numbers of people killed by gunfire, the "Wild West" could easily be applied to places where people are barred from being able to adequately defend themselves... like Chicago and Washington D.C. (BTW, the "Wild West" was much safer than the cities listed here)
So, what we are really trying to do is remove the modern-day "Wild West" from society.

Last edited: