Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Platteville, Cuba City, Benton, Hazel Green, Dickeyville, Potosi, Open Carry ???

  1. #1
    Regular Member kd6sxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Quad Cities, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    92

    Smile Platteville, Cuba City, Benton, Hazel Green, Dickeyville, Potosi, Open Carry ???

    I open carry in Tomah everyday. I have a house for sale in Benton and family in Cuba City. I want to know what the Open Carry scene is like in the southwest corner of the state.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran logan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    433
    Carry in those places and let us know how it goes!

    My grandpa lives in Platteville...but I never stop anywhere cept his place. At most would be a walk to a park, but I wouldn't want to get a ticket for carrying in a park (if they don't allow it) and have to fight it.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

    Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    I believe Lafayette county was the ONLY county in the state to pass a resolution in the fall of 2008 (pre AG memo) supporting OC. Other than that, I can't offer much as I don't travel there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member kd6sxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Quad Cities, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    92

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    Carry in those places and let us know how it goes!

    My grandpa lives in Platteville...but I never stop anywhere cept his place. At most would be a walk to a park, but I wouldn't want to get a ticket for carrying in a park (if they don't allow it) and have to fight it.
    I don't want to get ticketed, fined, arrested or what ever. I don't have the financial resources to go to court 3 hours away and fight a legal battle. I hope that someone from the area will be able to give me some straight poop.

  5. #5
    Regular Member kd6sxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Quad Cities, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    I believe Lafayette county was the ONLY county in the state to pass a resolution in the fall of 2008 (pre AG memo) supporting OC. Other than that, I can't offer much as I don't travel there.
    Do you have any idea were I can find this memo?

  6. #6
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by kd6sxa View Post
    Do you have any idea were I can find this memo?
    Right here:

    http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/file...nCarryMemo.pdf

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709
    It can also be found here: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/legal.html

    There are several legal citations available on the page. The AG's memo, a pamphlet, and a permission slip to carry where alcohol is served can be found at the bottom.

  8. #8
    Regular Member kd6sxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Quad Cities, Iowa, USA
    Posts
    92

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    It can also be found here: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/legal.html

    There are several legal citations available on the page. The AG's memo, a pamphlet, and a permission slip to carry where alcohol is served can be found at the bottom.
    Thank You Sir.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •