• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need Help In Long Beach LBPD ROUND TWO

wewd

It's great to enjoy your rights in the free states, isn't it? Loaded, no hassle, no permission asked or given, just you going about your lawful business or pleasure. It's sad that so many Californians can't see beyond the borders in their own minds to the great expanse of freedom that lies just beyond. It's not just another state, it's a whole different planet.

ryanburbridge

I don't live too far from Long Beach. I would be happy to do a meet n greet while OC'ing.

Sounds like you caught some flack. Stay tuned I know of some people in and around Long Beach that would be interested in a Meet Up. I work across the street from the Turners in Signal Hill. If you or any one els stops by during the day call me and we can go drool over the guns. Or talk shop.
Ryan Burbridge (562)243-2622 cell.

lotar4life

Sounds like you caught some flack. Stay tuned I know of some people in and around Long Beach that would be interested in a Meet Up. I work across the street from the Turners in Signal Hill. If you or any one els stops by during the day call me and we can go drool over the guns. Or talk shop.
Ryan Burbridge (562)243-2622 cell.

Will do!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
If you have OC planned then please keep us posted. Let us in on any video you have as well.

I don't live too far from Long Beach. I would be happy to do a meet n greet while OC'ing.

Yes I would say that a meetup is in order. Something on a larger scale than an individual carrier may teach them something.

That sucks!! I work in Long Beach. Keep me informed on an OC in LB i will be there!!

I need some help understanding something. There appears to be some support for UOC, but it seems that it stops at the exact point where confidence ends and the risk of some kind of negative encounter begins. Am I to understand that there are members here (more particularly in the vicinity of Long Beach) that would like to meet in the relative safety of a group, but would rather remain on the sidelines than to put their feet to their beliefs as a solo open carrier?

This dependency upon numbers or for others to organize or give direction gives me (and probably others) the impression that this need for reassurance or acceptance more important than carrying for self defense or political speech. If that is an actuality rather than just a misconception of an observer, I can tell you- this movement doesnt need that. Am I hitting a nerve with anyone yet?

What California open carry does need is individuals intrepid enough to stand on their own, who do not require others to do for them what they ought to be doing for themselves- That means getting out there and hitting the pavement in spite of your misplaced fears and being the example for your community that gunowners arent scary camo-wearing hayseeds.

Some of us have paid a dear price in order educate forum readers, law enforcement, and various naysayers. I would appreciate it if that isnt put to waste because of this unfounded need to wait for a 'meet up' or for someone to organize a one-time event for the purposes of shock and awe. If you believe, and have the means, go and do it- permission is not required and you dont need a date and time to schedule.

I think we all have a reason to be armed- and we should use that reason to integrate our means of self defense into our routine- this natural demonstration is what the public really needs to see... not a well populated social event to reassure ourselves of our position.

markm

Philosophocally yes, reality no!

I need some help understanding something. There appears to be some support for UOC, but it seems that it stops at the exact point where confidence ends and the risk of some kind of negative encounter begins. Am I to understand that there are members here (more particularly in the vicinity of Long Beach) that would like to meet in the relative safety of a group, but would rather remain on the sidelines than to put their feet to their beliefs as a solo open carrier?

This dependency upon numbers or for others to organize or give direction gives me (and probably others) the impression that this need for reassurance or acceptance more important than carrying for self defense or political speech. If that is an actuality rather than just a misconception of an observer, I can tell you- this movement doesnt need that. Am I hitting a nerve with anyone yet?

What California open carry does need is individuals intrepid enough to stand on their own, who do not require others to do for them what they ought to be doing for themselves- That means getting out there and hitting the pavement in spite of your misplaced fears and being the example for your community that gunowners arent scary camo-wearing hayseeds.

Some of us have paid a dear price in order educate forum readers, law enforcement, and various naysayers. I would appreciate it if that isnt put to waste because of this unfounded need to wait for a 'meet up' or for someone to organize a one-time event for the purposes of shock and awe. If you believe, and have the means, go and do it- permission is not required and you dont need a date and time to schedule.

I think we all have a reason to be armed- and we should use that reason to integrate our means of self defense into our routine- this natural demonstration is what the public really needs to see... not a well populated social event to reassure ourselves of our position.

Condition Three:

On a philosophical plane, I agree with you--nuff said on that plane of thought.

On a reality plane of thought, I disagree.

Lets use me as an example. I made some decisions in my life that lead me to my current financial situation. I married a blood-sucking hateful person who feels that I owe her to this day. I bought into the idea that marriage is for life (bulls..t!) I now pay spousal support to a woman who still sits on the sofa and eats ice cream all day.

Another bad decision: I did not get a professional degree from a prestiguous institution.

I invested wisely, but my biggest mistake (x-wife) took that from me with the help of our legal system.

I have made some other costly mistakes (nothing illegal).

My point is:

I don't have the money or the time to defend myself in court. Our court system is similar to gambling. I am willing to OC in organized groups and to communicate with police chiefs and Sheriffs. And, I have done so.

I can't rely on charity or a foundation for defense money. Mark's money-well has run dry.

Please except that some of us don't have $500 to purchase a gun or to pay a lawyer for defense costs. I certainly don't have a million dollars set aside for a SCOTUS ruling. Obamanomics has seriously crimped my ability to earn money. I have been squeezed from both sides.

Sorry! Can I be helpful in other ways?

Also, single issue people who furvently demand that others follow their dogma don't get many followers to help promote their just cause. Tactical comprimise is always neccessary.

markm

Thundar

Convince LBPD that there is no alternative to tolerance of the LAC - OC Flash Mob

The LBPD are getting away with these violations because they can. They need to understand that you are activists and that the path of acceptance and tolerance is also the only legal path open to them. They must respect your constitutional rights. All of them.

I have advocated for an open carry flash mob before, but it really seems to be appropriate for recalcitrant police departments.

The flash mob will overwhelm their ability to plan for open carriers, while the open carriers lawfully assemble exercising lots of their constitutional rights.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
The LBPD are getting away with these violations because they can. They need to understand that you are activists and that the path of acceptance and tolerance is also the only legal path open to them. They must respect your constitutional rights. All of them.

I have advocated for an open carry flash mob before, but it really seems to be appropriate for recalcitrant police departments.

The flash mob will overwhelm their ability to plan for open carriers, while the open carriers lawfully assemble exercising lots of their constitutional rights.

A flash mob is the opposite of what I am proposing and in my opinion, is only useful in attracting a media splash. If there is to be any effect had on police and public opinion, it is for people to go about their usual business while visibly armed... go to lunch with a friend, go grocery shopping, top off your tank at a gas station, shop at a bookstore, take your dry cleaning to the cleaners, take the family to the park... you can even coordinate with members to make a certain day a 'carry' day, but instead of congregating at one venue, conduct yourselves all over the LBPD jursidiction.

The bottom line is that if YOU dont take the position that carrying a gun is a normal every day routine and make it into some groundbreaking, ribbon cutting, grand opening event-- those observing will make out to be a big deal too. Everyone here should be working towards the goal of making open carry a non-event- as ordinary as someone carrying a mobile phone or walking a dog. A flash mob or any other mass event with armed people present to make a scene is not ordinary, routine, or discrete...Yes, CARRY... but be the example of what a free state should look like.

PincheOgro1

The first time I open carried, I went solo. I went to a gun show. I got a ration of $%#@ about it in here.

I have wanted to attend one of the "meetup's" planned in here, but none so far, have coincided with my days off. Where I live there are many schools. I can't walk off my property with a holstered gun W/O a 626.9 violation.

Of course, I dont know if I am understanding this K-12 crap correctly. If I search for K-12 schools NONE come up for my area, but there is a high school about 1/4 mile from my house.

I have used K12, K-12, and variations of that to search. If I search "all" schools everything comes up. There is a new school not listed 900 ft from my house. There are no signs in front of it, nothing stating it is a school, but it looks like a school and my wife has said it is a kindergarten.

I am basically afraid, now, to carry for fear of being arrested. I am a 18 wheel truck driver and If I get charged with a felony, I lose my livelyhood..

Wc

I didn't know this thread's topic is about GFSZ and living in LB.

ryanburbridge

I didn't know this thread's topic is about GFSZ and living in LB.

Topics change LOL. I have been busy and have not organized a "Meet up" for a few reasons. I have read in other post about meet ups that the one setting it up should be a well "known" member of this forum. I have not been here long only 86 posts. Also I am a little selfish. I work long hours and weekends are for my wife and two kids. When I carry it is when we are out for dinner or running errands. I would LOVE to have a group of guys get together and meet up at the Long Beach Town Center. Lets throw out some dates and set this up together. Im thinking lunch time on a Sat or Sun this month. Maybe pick up some trash hand out flyers and grab some lunch.

OH and wait for the commands of LBPD to get down on our knees and have our rights Violated.

Just a thought.

Last edited: