• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want to oc but...

eduardo2670

so here is the thing i want to OC but im not sure if i can at the age of 19? i read all the laws and i believe i can. can some one let me know if i can? i live out i Richmond so i would like to do it for assistance with my personal protection and also to inform people of their rights that are still around and not forgoten. and like i said i live in Richmond so im up for any demonstrations as long they are with in a good distance and im not working

eduardo2670

been doing it all night, another questions is what r the states laws on purchasing a hand gun, i already have one but iv been wanting to get a glock and haven't gotten around to it

wewd

You must be 21 to buy a handgun from an FFL or through a third-party private transfer. The FFL deal is due to Federal law, and the private party restriction is CA state law (in most other states, 18 year olds can buy handguns directly from private sellers, no questions asked). Currently the only way for adults aged 18-20 can legally own a handgun in CA is for your parent or grandparent to buy one and gift it to you. This is perfectly legal and is not a straw purchase, as long as you are not legally barred from owning firearms (no felonies, etc).

You need a handgun safety card, which you can get at any gun store for $25 after taking the test. You also need to submit this form to the CA DOJ to transfer the handgun to you from your parent, along with a check for $19. After you have received your letter back from the DOJ saying that the background check and registration went through, the Glock is yours.