Thread: Listen to Local Police Scanner or Free

Smile Listen to Local Police Scanner or Free

I found this great site that has free live streaming audio of police scanners from all over the USA.

You can click on your state, then click on your county/city and listen.

Here's the link:
    http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

"hey bill?" *radio fuzz* "go ahead tom" *radio fuzz* "yeeeeeeeaah i'm getting quite hungry, meet me over at the dunkin donuts for a filler" *short radio fuzz* "affirmative"

Quote Originally Posted by wolffe View Post
    "hey bill?" *radio fuzz* "go ahead tom" *radio fuzz* "yeeeeeeeaah i'm getting quite hungry, meet me over at the dunkin donuts for a filler" *short radio fuzz* "affirmative"
    LOL
    You must not live in an exciting area.

Cool Droid app

I've been using an app on my Droid called "scanner radio" which does basically the same thing. It's awesome, I can listen to the Federal Way PD's signal, it even runs in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    Scanning has been one of my favorite hobbies for the last 40 years. I prefer to have the equipment needed and listen to all my local channels. A few years back the local agencies went to a 800 trunking system. The press releases advised people they could no longer use their old scanners to listen in. Most people fell for it. What they hadn't told people was that were indeed newer 800 trunking scanners available. Because I didn't approve of the way the press release had attempted to deceive people, I put the word out on the street for people buying new 800 scanners that I would program them free.

Anyhow, I had to buy all new scanners for my cars, trucks, and vans. And I have been quite busy programming the new 800 scanners for people all over the city and county here.
    Thats great.

I just recently put a Uniden Bearcat trunking scanner in my truck and I use a 9" antenna that I bolted onto my roof rack.

I notice if I have the volume turned up and the windows down while Im sitting at a traffic light, the people in the next car over will look in my direction puzzled. They hear a police radio but they arent sure if its a police vehicle. LOL

Here's a pic of the scanner I have in my vehicle:

Great link, thanks for posting.
    "The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe

I wouldn't mind getting a scanner when I acquire the necessary funds. Are there any specific features I should be looking for in a scanner? Anywhere particularly well-priced?

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland
    I'm using "5-0 Radio Lite" on my iPhone, It's free and it's got pretty good features. There is a "pay" version for $1.99, but I'm pretty happy with the free version so far.

The bad thing about ALL these internet-based scanners is that you don't get coverage for many rural area. My county (Beaufort) has NO coverage at all on any of these net-based scanners--no fire, EMS, police, NOTHING... Bu tI can listen to the county where I go to school, and the truth is, their radio traffic is probably a LOT more interesting anyway...

http://appshopper.com/utilities/5-0-...rescue-scanner
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

cool site, thanks for posting.