Thread: Kind of OT: Need a gun-friendly roommate in Kalamazoo

Kind of OT: Need a gun-friendly roommate in Kalamazoo (EDIT: FOUND ONE)

EDIT: Found a roommate, so please disregard this thread!

This is really my last effort to find someone to live with me this coming fall. My current roommate is moving out and I need someone to fill his spot. Does anyone here know of someone who is looking for a place to live in Kalamazoo? I am out of options at this point, which is why I'm posting here. I've already asked my friends and posted ads on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Please, please, PLEASE send me a PM if there is anyone you know who would like to live near WMU's campus. To keep this kind of on topic: I like guns, and I hope my prospective roommate does as well.
    Last edited by EM87; 07-22-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Well, I could always divorce..... Sorry, just trying to add a little levity. I'll certainly ask around for you but I hardly know anyone that would fit the bill. I've always seen ads for roommates and for rooms in the Gazette. Nothing in there? Usually every summer I see lots of those types of ads. I really wish you luck. Thought you had a "significant other" - maybe isn't or wasn't that serious to where you were ready to live together or (?). Or I'm just off-base and it was only a she-friend or something. I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled. Sounds like there's a "deadline" of sorts?
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Thanks, I really appreciate you looking out for me! I'll have to take a look in the Gazette. I was holding out for a friend who I thought was going to be staying in Kalamazoo next year but it turns out he won't be. As for the significant other thing, it's not to the point of living together. The deadline, if you can call it that, is when my current roommate moves out in early August.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

I've Been Looking Into moving To Kalamazoo Recently and if your near WMU that would be perfect because i would be a student. My Phone Is out of Commission until Tonight so i'll post my number later today. Oh and im a Weapon Enthusiast, I own a 9mm High Point ( Crap i know but...), an Ar-15 and a .22.
    Last edited by Kindyj; 07-14-2010 at 02:37 AM.

PM sent!

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindyj View Post
    Oh and im a Weapon Enthusiast, I own a 9mm High Point ( Crap i know but...), an Ar-15 and a .22.

No such thing as a crappy gun, as long as it sends bullets where its supposed to

And welcome aboard
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

I've Been Looking Into moving To Kalamazoo Recently and if your near WMU that would be perfect because i would be a student. My Phone Is out of Commission until Tonight so i'll post my number later today. Oh and im a Weapon Enthusiast, I own a 9mm High Point ( Crap i know but...), an Ar-15 and a .22.
    My Hi-Point C9 always worked... and it got me into shooting sports sooo.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Quote Originally Posted by EM87 View Post
    PM sent!
    did you have any luck there?
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    did you have any luck there?

Wouldn't that have been a lucky find! Heck of a way to find a roommate... I tell ya.

No luck, I haven't heard back from him. :-(

That would be cool though. I'm still looking for one!

Wow, I am dumb! I just checked and he did write back! I was expecting a notification by email, or at least a (1) by my messages. Now I feel like an idiot, heh. I am about to write back, and hopefully it works out!

Replied to your PM!

It is hard to notice PM's here. He needs the old blinking envelope imo.

"I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Got a roommate, case closed! Yay!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EM87 View Post
    Got a roommate, case closed! Yay!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

I see your and raise you

I see your and and raise you....

Uh oh, I'm at the image limit for one post and cannot post any more emoticons. I lose.