• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZCentral.com - Harper, R-Surprise, to hold 'open-carry town hall'

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/LilyShumLeung/90315

SNIP

Open or concealed, state Sen. Jack Harper (pictured) welcomes you on July 29.

That marks the date when a new gun law in Arizona is set to take effect. And Harper, who is running in the District 4 house race, is holding a "celebration of liberty" to commemorate it.

The new law will allow U.S. citizens who are 21 and over to carry a weapon - open or concealed - without a permit.

The function - paid for by Harper's campaign "Harper For Arizona" - is also a forum for all candidates in the West Valley seeking public office, he stated in a media release.

. . .

"Open-carry or concealed-carry welcome," Harper stated, in his Facebook invitation, seen here.

The function starts at 6 p.m. at the Thunderbird Conservation Park.

GF

The new law will allow U.S. citizens who are 21 and over to carry a weapon - open or concealed - without a permit.

I like how they stated that open carriers will no longer need a permit to carry openly.

DustoneGT

I like how they stated that open carriers will no longer need a permit to carry openly.

It's obviously poorly worded, sounds like it may have meant to emphasize the 'open or concealed' part, but easily confuses the reader. Now whether it was poorly worded on purpose or accidentally, that's the question.