• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comfort Rules......for me

Undertaker

I have been in search of a comfortable fit of a sidearm for sometime and finally found one that works for me. Kel Tek PF-9 in a Fobus holster. I dress for comfort most of the time and like to wear roomy jeans. Seemed with my Combat Commander and my Kel Tek P11 the weight was an issue. The slimness of the PF-9 also allows me comfort while in the car. It's my opinion that when I'm comfortable with the weight and size of the firearm, I'm more comfortable wearing it and not constantly tugging at my belt and weapon like I see a lot of others do.

daddy4count

Comfort is important... couldn't agree more!

For your larger pieces you might find better support and more stability with a leather holster on a reinforced leather belt... just a suggestion if you ever decide you want to carry one of the larger cannons again.

It surprised me, the difference a really good belt can make. I wear my Galco 1.5" belt no matter what holster I choose for the day. Even with a paddle the extra stability is remarkable.

Carry comfy!

Dreamer

+1 on the good belt.

I carry (OC and CC, depending on the situation) a full-size government model 1911 double-stack with a spare mag, and the proper holster (a paddle Serpa that distributes the weight very well) and a proper belt (a custom made 2-layer belt reinforced with an insert) makes it as comfy as a cell phone on my belt...

daddy4count

Yeppers... I've worn the same belt for almost 13 years... through half a dozen guns. From my 1911, 4.5" .40SW to my current XD45 Tactical. As you said, snug as a cellphone...