• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jesus Gonzalez Hearing 7/13/10

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just got back from his status hearing. This is all in the public record so I am not speaking out of school.

The prosecution has not produced all the evidence to the defense as part of discovery. The prosecution gave some excuse such as not receiving the death certificate and not wanting to release the medical records of the injured party since treatment was ongoing.

The judged didn't seem very happy and ordered a continuance of discovery and urged the prosecution to keep the case moving.

Trial date was set for November 15th depending on how the discovery goes. There will be an additional status conference sometime in August, I didn't catch the date.

There were a couple of friends there as well as family members.

On a side note, Jesus overall looked good.

He has a private attorney and is unemployed. Has a legal defense fund been set up?

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
JHe has a private attorney and is unemployed. Has a legal defense fund been set up?
WCCA still shows Nelida Cortes as attorney of record at the scheduling conference. A recent search posted here suggests that she works for SPD

http://www.wisspd.org/html/training/ProgMaterials/Conf2009/SpBios.pdf said:
Nelida Cortes is an Attorney Manager in the State Public Defender’s Milwaukee Trial Office.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Who was it please?

I'm sorry, I did not catch the young lady's name. Others that were there may chime in if they caught it. Court started late and they didn't call his case 'till 10 or so. In addition. even though there were microphones for the lawyers and the judge, no one seemed to use them except the judge.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Finally updated the web site:

07-13-2010
Scheduling conference
Martens-27, Kevin E.
Garry, Pauline

Event Party

Gonzalez, Jesus

Additional Text:

Defendant Jesus Gonzalez in court with attorney Nelida Cortes. William J Molitor appeared for the State of Wisconsin. Deputy Court Clerk: krw Defense is requesting this matter be scheduled for a jury trial and a final pretrial. Court orders parties to file and serve by the final pretrial date: 1. Motions in Limine; 2. Proposed jury instructions; 3. Final witnesses lists Parties are ordered to confirm availability of witnesses prior to final pretrial date. Further, Court advises parties that any change of plea occurring after final pretrial will be accepted only to charge in complaint and without the benefit of any negotiations with the state. Court orders the defendant to appear on all scheduled court hearings. Branch 27 Pretrial Scheduling Order signed and filed. Defense counsel to file any motion(s) with the COURT within 45 days or letter stating that no motion is to be filed. Case is adjourned to Branch 27 Status on 08-31-2010 at 8:30 am Case is adjourned to Branch 27 Pretrial on 11-02-2010 at 8:30 am Jury trial scheduled for 11-15-2010 at 08:30 am.

07-13-2010
Bail/bond hearing
Martens-27, Kevin E.
Garry, Pauline

Event Party

Gonzalez, Jesus

Additional Text:

Deputy Court Clerk: krw Defense counsel requesting a modification to the bail conditions, State objects to any modification. Defense's request to allow the defendant to travel to California for a wedding is ordered to submit an order for the Court approval/signature; listing location/phone contact number/dates of travel/etc.

Future Court Activity
Date
Time
Type 2
Court Official
08-31-2010 08:30 am Safety Building - Room 502 Status conference Court Martens-27, Kevin E.
11-02-2010 08:30 am Safety Building - Room 502 Final pre-trial Court Martens-27, Kevin E.
11-15-2010 08:30 am Safety Building - Room 502 Jury trial Court Martens-27, Kevin E.

Last edited: