• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traveling through.

impulse

I would of searched, but the search button on this forum blows.

Anyway, I will be driving from Phoenix to Denver. I don't have any permits, and will mostly be staying on the 40 and 25, other than stopping for gas etc.

If anyone knows Colorado's laws that would be helpful also, so I don't have to bother them also.

NMBill

Your Car is Your Home

You can carry open or concealed as long as you are in your car. Open carry is allowed outside your car, except in places selling/serving alcohol, public buildings, schools, etc. If a business posts a "no firearms sign", respect it. You can carry your firearm unloaded along with a loaded magazine in a concealed fashion -- above restrictions still apply. That is the 20 cent tour of New Mexico laws. Further, more detailed info is available on this site.

acmariner99

Clarification

I will be transiting NM in the near future as well. Can I open carry inside gas stations or Wal-Mart where alcohol is sold for off premises consumption? I have seen a lot of confusion with the new law that NM recently passed

Last edited:

castiel

No open carry where there is alcohol, period. You can conceal carry with a permit where it's sold for off premises consumption (grocery stores and gas stations) and now you can also conceal carry with a permit where beer and wine (no hard liquor) is served for on premises consumption. No carrying (open or concealed with permit) in places like bars that serve everything.