Thread: Is it still legal to OC in California?

Is it still legal to OC in California?

I have been hearing that OC is legal but there was a bill trying to make it illegal. I have not heard anything thing about if the bill was passed and its now illegal.

Is it legal to OC or is it illegal to OC? Please reply..

Thanks.

Legal still to Unloaded Open Carry...which is what the bill addresses. It hasn't made it to the House yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    Legal still to Unloaded Open Carry...which is what the bill addresses. It hasn't made it to the House yet.
    Thanks for the heads up

The bill has not passed the entire senate either, nor has it gone to the governor's desk. So UOC is still legal. I haven't heard anything about whether or not the senate as a whole or the governor support the bill. Seems to me that the gov would sign it, seeing his history of suuporting gun gontrol lately. Meg Whitman would sign it, and you never know what Brown will do.

If you post anything there about OC, you will get 20 pages on how you shouldn't do that.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Justice View Post
    The bill has not passed the entire senate either, nor has it gone to the governor's desk. So UOC is still legal. I haven't heard anything about whether or not the senate as a whole or the governor support the bill. Seems to me that the gov would sign it, seeing his history of suuporting gun gontrol lately. Meg Whitman would sign it, and you never know what Brown will do.
    The bill is expected to be addressed by the Senate in August, which is why it is critical that we call and visit our Senators right now and let them know that we do not support AB1934. Special emphasis on the SCOTUS ruling should bolster our appeal to our legislators. Please make an effort to at least call them when you have a moment to spare.