• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

helloooo tennessee, coming into town for a day from michigan question about hospitals

Beerme

Banned
can i cc/oc in them?
not to familiar with your states law.
going from michigan, ohio, kentucky, then tennessee
I will be carrying the whole ride down and visiting my mothers boyfriend in the hospital and need to know if i can oc or cc there!
it will be a p226 not going kwik style with the ak and blackpowder pistol aimed at people

Kingfish

Gunbuster signs and signs with correct wording both carry weight in TN.

If no sign and it is not a school hospital (Vanderbilt among others) then you should be ok.

Edit: CC is probably your best choice in a hospital setting.

Last edited:

Kingfish

talking about tennessee

Um...Ok, thought I was clear.

In TN CC and OC are exactly the same by law (permit required.)

A simple sign with a picture of a gun with a circle and slash through it or a properly worded sign make carrying in that place an unlawful activity.

Hospitals associated with a school such as Vanderbilt in Nashville are off limits.

In a hospital with no sign and not on school property CC or OC is legal but I would (and did) CC while there (my now ex-wife was in Baptist hospital in Nashville for 4 days and I carried the whole time (CC.))

TnPapa

Opt-Out Members
Most all of the hospitals in the Nashville Area are posted no guns allowed.

Oh Shoot

Pretty much all hospitals seem to be posted anymore.

Most were not previously posted compliant to the law, but now the statutes have changed such that they are now (gunbusters sign being binding now).

- OS

poetdante

So Vanderbilt is considered a school property? That sucks. Here in KY colleges don't fall under the "school" category. Can folks leave them in the car if visiting for a consult? In KY even if the policy says you can't carry (ie at a college or employer) it's not a crime and legally they can't keep you from keeping it in your glove box