• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

90 Seconds in July,part 1

ODA 226

Peter Nap,
We've been waiting for Part II for almost TWO YEARS!!!!!!!

Did you ever get it done? Part I was FABULOUS! Come on Brother! ;)

We want to see it!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter Nap,
We've been waiting for Part II for almost TWO YEARS!!!!!!!

Did you ever get it done? Part I was FABULOUS! Come on Brother! ;)

We want to see it!

Sorry ODA. 90 Seconds is locked up for good. There were some SERIOUS questions about what happened, too many cloak and dagger games, too many different versions from the shooter and one comment that was the last straw.

A few of the members here experienced the same thing.

The blow by blow accounts were OK but that's been told by Philip who saw the security video. Things like the BD's gun was wrapped in tape, from muzzle to grips, are not.
I left some of the test clips up because they weren't in the finished product anyway.

There were a lot of things.

Surry Side was finished and I was asked not to release it until after the election. I shortened it and took out some of the parts I didn't like and it's still finished.
It will be released after a few current events involving some of the people, get underway.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Surry BTW touches on the same idiotic Security on bridges, Weigh Stations, Etc.

Opening credits less text.

[video=youtube;lgWs_SbTtjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWs_SbTtjw[/video]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sorry ODA. 90 Seconds is locked up for good. There were some SERIOUS questions about what happened, too many cloak and dagger games, too many different versions from the shooter and one comment that was the last straw.

A few of the members here experienced the same thing.

The blow by blow accounts were OK but that's been told by Philip who saw the security video. Things like the BD's gun was wrapped in tape, from muzzle to grips, are not.
I left some of the test clips up because they weren't in the finished product anyway.

There were a lot of things.
--snip--

Definitely some issues with the "facts" - they changed more frequently than the weather.

Mo, the owner who was shot, did get his CHP and carried regularly thereafter, sometimes OCing. He also now has sold the store and moved back to the old country. He was IMHO the real good guy in all of this.

Others involved have scattered to the four winds and Richmond PD still apparently considers the case "open" - possible accomplice(?) and is not talking.

Tanner

There is a slider at the bottom of the screen Skid. Just move it to the right.
There is a version of this without the introductory clip. That's for the groups that wll use it for instruction.

Now why put it in in the first Place?
There are a couple of reasons. When I join all three parts, I have to have a place for the credits. The music license requires.

Second, I like it.
Third, there is a meaning in the introductory clip. I may be the only one that understands it, but I do.

Forth, this is the most multiracial shooting I can think of.
The shooter was black, on drugs, from a predominantly black neighborhood. Hillbillys? Where do you think John was from.

There is a lot that was included or not included in this. There are some interesting things about Grooms Parents. I didn't include it because I didn't think I should.

Some interesting things about the Shooter. Not included.

I suppose the answer to Why I included the opening Clip is the same as why I have renention straps on my holsters. I like them.

So you get that editing is like making music in every way. Do what you like and hope everyone els likes it to. Its more than 1 clip here sound bite there text roll there yada yada yada. I like it plain and simple. My only gripe was that one of the texts was hard to read in the begining at 1:33. Im glad you dont use the crap transitions available in your program. If I had a dollar for every spin transition Ive seen I would be rich.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So you get that editing is like making music in every way. Do what you like and hope everyone els likes it to. Its more than 1 clip here sound bite there text roll there yada yada yada. I like it plain and simple. My only gripe was that one of the texts was hard to read in the begining at 1:33. Im glad you dont use the crap transitions available in your program. If I had a dollar for every spin transition Ive seen I would be rich.

The software I use doesn't have 3D transitions Tanner.

That was interesting, Skidmark was concerned about racial connotations, which is funny because a big reason Poindexter tried as hard as he did, was because it was claimed he (Skidmark) called the Guard "Big Boy".

Skid is about as far from a raciest as they come and so am I, but I'm not going to do a clip about an area that's 99% black, in a drug infested area, centered around a white fellow from the mountains who is living in an abandoned house in that black neighborhood because the IRS is after him......

And use Chinese characters. People are what they are!

Anyway...water over the dam! That flick is history.