• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Longmont OC ban in city buildings passes 5-2

ComeTakeThem

Mayor Baum and Council Woman Witt dissented.

All the rest of them caved to destroying our freedoms. Santos was the one I really hated listening too, him and his spineless little crotch-jocky McCoy.

Thanks to everyone who came out and spoke on this issue. I know who I'll be helping get elected, and who I'll be running a smear campaign against.

cscitney87

No chance "challenging" the lawful authority of the city to do so. The specific law has long been established and upheld.

Now you could appeal to the city to vote again on the issue. I believe that's unlikely for now.

ComeTakeThem

Unfortunately it's their ability under state law to make this ordinance.

Our only hope is to change who's on the council, and elections are coming up in November I believe. BTW, Miss Witt is an awesome woman, she stood up for this on the grounds of liberty and freedom in principle. Mayor Baum was pissed off about this too, everything he said was correct.

This was easily the most contentious issue of the night with a lot of debate by the council and about 10 members of the public (including myself and my fiance) speaking. That Gordon Pedrow is a little snake too, this was obviously just his attack on one individual.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Mayor Baum and Council Woman Witt dissented.

All the rest of them caved to destroying our freedoms. Santos was the one I really hated listening too, him and his spineless little crotch-jocky McCoy.

Thanks to everyone who came out and spoke on this issue. I know who I'll be helping get elected, and who I'll be running a smear campaign against.
Remember the three a-holes in Nov.

mahkagari

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=22708

"The council voted 4-3 to have both those issues [ban on carry in parks and carry by city employees to work] come to the panel for discussion, with members Hansen, McCoy and Sarah Levison dissenting."

I think the new law is asinine to make people "feel" safer but not "be" safer, but if it sparks an overturn of the other laws, maybe some good can come out of it.

'“If someone came to our window wearing a gun, it would be really hard for us to say, ‘No, we won’t turn your utilities back on,’” Rademacher said.'

So, should we ban guys who look like they're on a roid-rage trip from going to the window? How about people who look like they just beat the crap out of Jackie Chan? Let's ban big workboots and visible pocketknives as well, shall we?

This is asinine, it's already illegal to wear your firearm in a manner to calculate alarm (which I believe Tiger was in trouble for at one point). If someone's at your window, carressing their holster and demanding their power be turned back on, you've got grounds to press felony charges. Fergodssakes grow a pair, huh?

marinepilot81

Irritating. Despite no evidence of anyone ACTUALLY threatening someone at one of these facilities, we've now banned OC there to protect some clerk's delicate feelings? Irritating.

Well I'll be home on leave from 28-02 Aug if anyone wants to take action.