Thread: Carrying in a vehicle

Question Carrying in a vehicle

Wondering how people are carrying/concealing in their vehicles. I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT (extended cab) and am trying to find that perfect location.

Anyone have a Dakota or ideas on where I can conceal and have easy access?

Thanks
    Mark W

I am not familiar with that particular truck, but in my car I keep it in the center console when it is not on my person. If you have a CCW license you may continue to have it on you, if not, the only requirement is that it be securely encased, that could be strapped in a holster on the passenger seat, in a glove box, in a center console, the only requirement is a closing container that requires you to open it. there is no "3 step" process.

Arrow

I do have CCW but don't always carry it on my person, yet. My truck doesn't have a center console. It has the flip down arm rest that is about 18" wide (flips up for middle passenger). Glove box is quite a reach too. I am also left handed.

When I do have it on my belt, I have the Blackhawk CQC SEPRA holster, it is easy to grab. But I usually wear shorts, no belt, and a tank top.

Just wondering if anyone has found or made some sort of device to mount in the vehicle.

thanks
    Mark W.
    Last edited by MarkWalther; 07-15-2010 at 07:23 AM.