• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in a vehicle

MarkWalther

Wondering how people are carrying/concealing in their vehicles. I have a 2003 Dodge Dakota SLT (extended cab) and am trying to find that perfect location.

Anyone have a Dakota or ideas on where I can conceal and have easy access?

Thanks
Mark W

Vector

I am not familiar with that particular truck, but in my car I keep it in the center console when it is not on my person. If you have a CCW license you may continue to have it on you, if not, the only requirement is that it be securely encased, that could be strapped in a holster on the passenger seat, in a glove box, in a center console, the only requirement is a closing container that requires you to open it. there is no "3 step" process.

MarkWalther

I do have CCW but don't always carry it on my person, yet. My truck doesn't have a center console. It has the flip down arm rest that is about 18" wide (flips up for middle passenger). Glove box is quite a reach too. I am also left handed.

When I do have it on my belt, I have the Blackhawk CQC SEPRA holster, it is easy to grab. But I usually wear shorts, no belt, and a tank top.

Just wondering if anyone has found or made some sort of device to mount in the vehicle.

thanks
Mark W.

Last edited: