Thread: GunPal now Gpal

GunPal now Gpal

I thought about this for a while before posting and freely admit it's one persons perspective. Here goes. I was a huge fan of Gpal when it came out. Any alternative to PayPal was fine with me. They were quick to transfer funds, quick to answer the phone. Now, all that has changed.

In the past month I've emailed them THREE times asking for help. All I get is an automated email response with a new case number saying they'll reply in 24 hours. They never reply. I've tried to phone them. For two days every time I call the phone is answered and then the call is disconnected. Today, there is a recording saying no one is available and I should leave a message.

Something is going on in that company. I don't know what it is but I'm not taking any chances with my money.

Dave Vann

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanns40 View Post
    I thought about this for a while before posting and freely admit it's one persons perspective. Here goes. I was a huge fan of Gpal when it came out. Any alternative to PayPal was fine with me. They were quick to transfer funds, quick to answer the phone. Now, all that has changed.

In the past month I've emailed them THREE times asking for help. All I get is an automated email response with a new case number saying they'll reply in 24 hours. They never reply. I've tried to phone them. For two days every time I call the phone is answered and then the call is disconnected. Today, there is a recording saying no one is available and I should leave a message.

Something is going on in that company. I don't know what it is but I'm not taking any chances with my money.

Dave Vann
    They've been a topic for a while now Dave. My gut feeling is that they are in trouble. Other than a lot of red flags, I have no reason to feel that way though and they do have their diehard supporters.

Like a lot of things, I have my opinions and not surprisingly, some think they are radical. My personal opinion is that anyone who buys into the cashless society shouldn't cry when it bites them in the backsides.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    GPal has been having issues for months now. Its a hot topic on many gun forums. They're losing/holding people's money and contact has been limited to one guy who sometimes answers the phone.

Glad that I didn't buy into the madness...

I think soon they'll be known as Gone, Pal!
    Last edited by ProShooter; 07-14-2010 at 01:42 PM.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    cashless society
    You can see problems with that, on a small scale, nearly any time you go shopping and someone's magnetic strip on their debit/credit card isn't working or the card reader/network it uses is down. It almost guarantees panic, to what extreme differs, in the would-be-buyer.

Never used GunPal, I used PayPal a little bit some time ago, but ever since then really fleaBay has been on K.M.A. notification. Stuff like that does create problems.
    Last edited by Curtis; 07-14-2010 at 03:15 PM.

They are still having major problems, and still holding a lot of folks money. They have $480+ of mine, and have been holding it since July. I posted on Calguns about it snd the posts were immediately deleted. There are a lot of posts there that get deleted, to give the illusion that there are only a few problems, and people are getting paid. I see they pay a couple of people a week, and keep those posts, and delete all the complaints. You can read a lot of uncensored complaints at Auction Arms in their help section. AA pushed Gpal as a payment option when it first came out. I think they are regretting that decision...